This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole will change your life! Throw everything in your slow cooker and in only 3 hours dinner is served. Not only is this recipe delicious the day you make it, but it makes killer leftovers! It is good reheated, added to your favorite buddha bowl, or thrown in a tortilla. Your options are endless!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Please tell me that your mouth is watering just looking at the photos of this slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole! It is Day TWO of slow cooker week. If you missed yesterday’s post, do not miss the fabulous Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken recipe. You’ll want to add both of these recipes to your next meal prep menu!
It’s true that we love quick and easy recipes here on Fit Foodie Finds. We also LOVE tex-mex recipes. So when we were brainstorming recipes for slow cooker week, we knew that there HAD to be a chicken enchilada casserole recipe. We used inspiration from our favorite Fit Foodie enchilada recipes to create the flavor profile of this recipe. In the past we have used a mixture of homemade and store bought enchilada sauce in our recipes, check them out below!
- Twice Baked Turkey Sweet Potato Enchilada Boats
- The Easiest Healthy Black Bean and Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Superfood Enchilada Dip
- Healthy Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Brown Rice
The Easiest Meal Prep Recipe in Town- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
Now, say hello to this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada recipe. Who doesn’t love the thought of throwing a bunch of your favorite ingredients into the slow cooker and letting someone (or something) else do the work? These Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas are delicious, easy to make, and you can really make them your own. They are a heck of a lot easier than most chicken enchilada recipes out there because..
- We use brown minute rice instead of regular rice.
- Homemade Enchilada sauce can be time consuming, so we used our favorite Frontera Enchilada Sauce from a package because it’s made wit real ingredients and delicious (feel free to make homemade enchilada sauce if you would like).
- The vegetables in this recipe are super basic. Peppers and onions. However, you are more than welcome to throw in your favorite veggies! More peppers or perhaps some mushrooms? The sky is the limit!
No matter what enchilada sauce you use or what vegetables you slice up, you can meal prep these chicken enchiladas for the whole week! They are seriously delicious reheated and so versatile.
What do I eat with my Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas?
The day you make this enchilada bake, I would serve it right out of the slow cooker and top it with some greek yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro. However, you can only eat so much casserole in one week. We’ve brainstormed some other ways you can eat this slow cooker chicken enchilada recipe!
- Chicken Enchilada Nachos- On day two or three of meal prepping this enchilada bake, throw some tortilla chips onto a baking sheet and sprinkle your enchilada bake over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes!
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole Buddha Bowl- Warm up your casserole and serve it next to our pineapple coleslaw and some arugula or kale! Top it with a little cotija cheese and you’re golden!
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole Burrito- Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Throw your chicken enchilada casserole into a big tortilla, throw in some cheese, perhaps add a splash of your favorite hot sauce and wrap up a couple burritos for the week!
Now hop to it and get everything in the slow cooker!
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- 50 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- Healthy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mexican Quinoa
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas will change your life! Throw everything in your slow cooker and in only 2 hours dinner is served. Not only is this recipe delicious the day you make it, but it makes killer leftovers! It is good reheated, added to your favorite buddha bowl, or thrown in a tortilla. Your options are endless!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, strained and rinsed
- 2 cups minute brown rice
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Frank’s hot sauce (or apple cider vinegar)
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients for the chicken enchilada casserole into your slow cooker. Mix well and make sure chicken and rice are submerged under all wet ingredients.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove chicken from the slow cooker and cut into small chunks. Place back into your slow cooker and mix.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, avocado, cheese, or any topping of your choice!
- The spiciness of this dish depends on how spicy your enchilada sauce is.
- We have only tested this recipe specifically with minute brown rice and no other grains.
- Feel free to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water at the end for a saucier casserole.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 1339
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 48
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 33
6 Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Looking for more crockpot chicken recipes? Look no further! Check out 6 similar recipes below. And for an added bonus, check out our Crockpot Freezer Meals post where we teach you how to turn all of these slow cooker recipes into freezer meals.