This Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is savory, hearty and made completely in the slow cooker. Prep a batch and you’ll have dinner in no time, or meal prep and freeze for the perfect freezer meal at a later date.
Slow cooker meals are perfect for back to school and easy weeknight dinners. Check out all of our favorite slow cooker recipes here!
The Easiest Dinner Recipes
Why make dinner harder than it has to be? We put so much pressure on ourselves to be the best and sometimes we overcommit to meal plans during the week.
We are all about goals and hard work here on FFF, but sometimes it’s ok to take the easy way when it comes to meal prep. You can have a flavor-filled and delicious meal that can take less then 20 minutes to prepare!
Slow cooker recipes are perfect easy weeknight meals. Throw everything in the slow cooker before heading out for the day and it smells like heaven in your house when you get home.
Do yourself a favor and make life easier on yourself!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Say hello to this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. We have a few great tikka recipes on Fit Foodie Finds (ahem, Chicken Tikka Masala Casserole and Meal Prep Cauliflower Tikka Masala), but we wanted to add a truly traditional tikka masala to the mix, and even better that this deliciousness can be made completely in the slow cooker.
This chicken tikka masala is a simple combination of chicken breast, red potatoes and onions, but the sauce is the real star of the show. It includes:
- full-fat coconut milk
- tomato sauce
- garam masala
- ground cumin
- ground turmeric
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
This delicious combination cooks down to be the most savory and flavorful tikka sauce — and the perfect consistency to boot! Feel free to serve this delicious slow cooker chicken tikka masala with your preferred grain or wrapped up in a lettuce wrap for a low carb option. The choice is yours!
Slow Cooker Chicken is the BEST
You can’t go wrong with chicken in the slow cooker. Amiright!? It’s just such a versatile source of protein that can evenly cook on high or low when submerged in a sauce, broth or other liquid.
Not to mention, I love that this recipe doesn’t require me to touch and cut raw chicken multiple times and dirty multiple dishes in the prepping process. By placing the whole raw chicken breasts in the tikka sauce to cook in your slow cooker, you can also choose how you’d like to serve the chicken once it’s done — dicing the chicken works great for this tikka, but if you prefer shredded chicken chunks, that absolutely works as well.
Scroll on down for some of our favorite slow cooker recipes (including slow cooker chicken recipes!) on Fit Foodie Finds.
6 Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Looking for more crockpot chicken recipes? Look no further! Check out 6 similar recipes below. And for an added bonus, check out our Crockpot Freezer Meals post where we teach you how to turn all of these slow cooker recipes into freezer meals.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place full-fat coconut milk, tomato sauce, and spices into your slow cooker and mix.
- Then, add in chopped potatoes and onion and mix again.
- Place chicken breast on top and submerge into the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove and slice into chunks. Put back into sauce and mix.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
Tips & Notes
- Make sure you cut your potatoes to 1-inch squares so that they are done cooking when your chicken is.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 315 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 709 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 2 Protein: 24
Keywords: slow cooker chicken tikka masala