This Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is savory, hearty, and made completely in the slow cooker. Prep a batch and you’ll have dinner in no time, or meal prep and freeze for the perfect freezer meal at a later date.
Slow cooker meals are perfect for easy weeknight dinners. Check out all of our favorite slow cooker recipes here!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Say hello to this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. We have a few great tikka recipes on Fit Foodie Finds (ahem, Chicken Tikka Masala Casserole and Meal Prep Cauliflower Tikka Masala), but we wanted to add a truly traditional tikka masala to the mix, and even better that this deliciousness can be made completely in the slow cooker.
This slow cooker chicken tikka masala is a simple combination of chicken breast, red potatoes and onions, but the sauce is the real star of the show.
Yummy Sauce Ingredients
- full-fat coconut milk
- tomato sauce
- garam masala
- ground cumin
- ground turmeric
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
This delicious combination cooks down to be the most savory and flavorful tikka sauce — and the perfect consistency to boot!
Feel free to serve this delicious slow cooker chicken tikka masala with your preferred grain or wrapped up in a lettuce wrap for a low carb option. The choice is yours!
Chicken Tikka Masala Crockpot is the BEST
You can’t go wrong with chicken in the slow cooker. Amiright!? It’s just such a versatile source of protein that can evenly cook on high or low when submerged in a sauce, broth or other liquid.
Not to mention, I love that this slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe doesn’t require me to touch and cut raw chicken multiple times and dirty multiple dishes in the prepping process.
By placing the whole raw chicken breasts in the tikka sauce to cook in your slow cooker, you can also choose how you’d like to serve the chicken once it’s done — dicing the chicken works great for this tikka, but if you prefer shredded chicken chunks, that absolutely works as well.
Scroll on down for some of our favorite slow cooker recipes (including slow cooker chicken recipes!) on Fit Foodie Finds.
There are so many different grains that pair well with Chicken Tikka! Here are our top recommendations:
Let Slow Cooker Tikka Masala cool completely. Then, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Freeze for Later
This crockpot chicken recipe is a serious winner because you can actually prep everything and freeze before cooking for an easy-access dinner.
Check out our Crockpot Freezer Meals Guide for a complete step-by-step tutorial for how to freeze this Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala!
- 1.5-lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place full-fat coconut milk, tomato sauce, and spices into your slow cooker and mix.
- Then, add in chopped potatoes and onion and mix again.
- Place chicken breast on top and submerge into the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove and slice into chunks. Put back into sauce and mix.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
Tips & Notes
- Make sure you cut your potatoes to 1-inch squares so that they are done cooking when your chicken is.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 315 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 709 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 2 Protein: 24
Keywords: slow cooker chicken tikka masala