All you need are five ingredients to make this delicious, clean-eating, slow cooker honey sriracha chicken that’s made with whole ingredients!
If you love healthy crockpot recipes, then this honey sriracha chicken recipe is for you. It’s made in no time and will last you the entire week!
The Easiest Slow Cooker Recipe
Some people say slow cooker season is i the fall and winter, but at Fit Foodie HQ it’s ALWAYS slow cooker season. I know the latest rage is the Instant Pot (I love my IP, too), but my slow cooker will always have my heart.
So this honey sriracha chicken.
I’ve made it millions of times and so have lots of my friends and family. It is so simple to make and you only need 5 ingredients. BOOM SAUCE. Speaking of sauce, let’s talk about FFF’s signature honey sriracha sauce for a second. Here’s what you need:
Honey Sriracha Sauce Ingredients
I want to preface that THIS RECIPE IS SPICY. Like spicier than midwestern spicy. If you’re looking for something a bit milder. I suggest stepping back a little from the sriracha.
Right now the honey, sriracha, and tamari are 1:1:1. If you bring the sriracha down to 1/4 cup and it would do wonders for bringing down the spice. If you like spice, then this recipe is for you!
Should I cook my chicken on low or high?
Oh, the burning question. What is a better setting on the slow cooker, low or high?
- Short answer – low and slow is always better when it comes to chicken in the slow cooker. It will leave your chicken tender and juicy and it’s much easier to shred.
- Long answer – you have to do what’s right for you. Maybe, you need dinner to be ready in 2 hours, well, then the high setting is for you. But, if you have the time to put this together 6-8 hours before serving, we always recommend the low setting!
Easy Chicken Meal Prep
This honey sriracha chicken is great for meal prep. I am always looking for 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes when I am planning out my week and need easy and healthy meal options.
This sriracha chicken is a set it and forget it kind of a meal. Who doesn’t love to walk into the house after a long day of work and smell the sweet scent of sriracha chicken? Make this meal NOW. You won’t regret it.
Make this too!
Wondering what to eat this delightful shredded chicken with? Look no further than some of our easy grain and veggie recipes.
Can you make this in the Instant Pot?
You can totally make this int he Instant Pot! Check out the directions in the recipe card below, or keep reading.
- Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) into your Instant Pot and close. Turn the vent to seal.
- Turn your Instant Pot to manual ‘high’ and set the timer for 10 minutes (if you have 2-3 large chicken breasts) or 13 minutes (if you have 1 extra-large chicken breast). It will take a few minutes for your Instant Pot to build pressure, but eventually, it will start to countdown.
- Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, quick release your Instant Pot. Open Instant Pot and remove chicken breasts. Add 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until dissolved.
- Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place chicken back in sauce and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
How do I make this less spicy?
If you’re reading this because you followed the recipe and you think things are a little bit too spicy, the answer is to dilute the sauce with more salt and sugar, so, honey and soy sauce!
If you’re reading this and you haven’t made the sauce yet, start with a couple tablespoons of sriracha and go from there!
- First, prepare sauce by whisking together tamari, honey, sriracha, and minced garlic.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a slow cooker and then pour sauce on top.
- Set slow cooker to high heat and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours OR set slow cooker to low heat and cook for 6-8 hours (recommended).
- Once your chicken is easily shreddable, remove from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred the chicken breast.
- Before placing shredded chicken back into slow cooker, thicken the sauce by adding in 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add shredded chicken back into sauce and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- To make in the Instant Pot: Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) into your Instant Pot and close. Turn the vent to seal. Turn your Instant Pot to manual ‘high’ and set the timer for 10 minutes (for 2-3 large chicken breasts) or 13 minutes (for 1 extra large chicken breast). It will take some time for your Instant Pot to build pressure, but eventually, it will start counting down. Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, quick release. Open Instant Pot and remove chicken breasts. Add 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until dissolved. Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place chicken back in sauce and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe has been modified from its original publication date.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 231 Sugar: 25 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Keywords: honey sriracha chicken