All you need are five ingredients to make this delicious, clean-eating, slow cooker honey sriracha chicken that’s made with REAL food. If you love 5 ingredient crock pot recipes, then this sriracha chicken recipe is for you. It is great for easy meal-prep dinners throughout the week!
Some people say slow cooker season is fall/winter, but at Fit Foodie HQ it’s ALWAYS slow cooker season. I know the latest rage is the Instant Pot (I love my IP, too), but my crock pot will always have my heart.
So this honey sriracha chicken.
I’ve made it millions of times and so have lots of my friends and family. It is so simple to make and you only need 5 ingredients. BOOM SAUCE. Speaking of sauce, let’s talk about FFF’s signature honey sriracha sauce for a second. Here’s what you need:
Honey Sriracha Sauce Ingredients
I want to preface that THIS RECIPE IS SPICY. Like spicier than midwestern spicy. If you’re looking for something a bit milder, I suggest stepping back a little from the sriracha. Right now the honey, sriracha, and tamari are 1:1:1. If you bring the sriracha down to 1/4 cup and it would do wonders for bringing down the spice. If you like spice, then this recipe is for you!
Another thing I love about this honey sriracha chicken is that it is great for meal prep. I am always looking for 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes when I am planning out my week and need easy and healthy meal options. This sriracha chicken is a set it and forget it kind of a meal. Who doesn’t love to walk into the house after a long day of work and smell the sweet scent of sriracha chicken? Make this meal NOW. You won’t regret it.
Other Fit Foodie Finds Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Check out some of our best slow cooker chicken recipes for more meal-prep inspiration <3
- How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken 4 Ways
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- Crock Pot Sesame Chicken
- How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
PS: yes, you can make this in the Instant Pot! Check out the notes section of the recipe section to find out how!
5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
All you need are five ingredients to make this delicious, clean-eating, slow cooker honey sriracha chicken that’s made with REAL food. If you love 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes, then this sriracha chicken recipe is for you. It is great for easy meal-prep dinners throughout the week!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-8 hours
- Total Time: -26150215.033333 minute
- First, prepare sauce by whisking together tamari, honey, sriracha, and minced garlic.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a slow cooker and then pour sauce on top.
- Set slow cooker to high heat and cook for 2-3 hours OR set slow cooker to low heat and cook for 6-8 hours (recommended).
- Once your chicken is easily shreddable, remove from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred chicken breast.
- Before placing shredded chicken back into slow cooker, thicken sauce by adding in 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add shredded chicken back into sauce and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- To make in the Instant Pot: Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) into your Instant Pot and close. Move the vent to seal. Turn your IP to ‘high’ manual and set the timer for 10 minutes (2-3 large chicken breasts) or 13 minutes (1 extra large chicken breast). Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, quick release. Open Instant Pot and remove chicken breasts. Add 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place chicken back in sauce and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe has been modified from its original publication date.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 25
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 27
Since I know you LOVE your crock-pot too, I’ve rounded up some more slow cooker recipes from my friends on the interwebs. Check it out below!
Chicken Fajita Soup from Eating Bird Food
Craving Mexican? Simply toss all the ingredients for fajitas into your slow cooker and a few hours later you’ll have a comforting soup that’s packed with flavor and a hint of spice.
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce from The Healthy Maven
All you need are two ingredients (apples and cinnamon) and your slow cooker to make this super easy and sugar-free slow cooker applesauce recipe! Perfect for Fall snacking or to use in baked goods!
Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu from Running to the Kitchen
Serve it over mashed sweet potatoes or toss it with pasta! Either way, this slow cooker short rib ragu is the perfect comfort food as the weather gets cooler.
Slower Cooker Salsa Pumpkin Beef from Food Faith Fitness
This tender, paleo, slow cooker roast beef is mixed with pumpkin and salsa and then shredded! It’s perfect in tacos or on a salad for a healthy, weeknight meal that is full of fall flavor!
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Dinner has never been so good! Packed with delicious flavors, this slow-cooked roasted whole chicken is so easy to throw together, and makes for the perfect meal! Pair it with veggies, salad, or anything you’d like and you are ready to go!