All you need are five ingredients to make this delicious, clean-eating, slow cooker honey sriracha chicken that’s made with REAL food.
If you love 5 ingredient crock pot recipes, then this sriracha chicken recipe is for you. It is great for easy meal-prep dinners throughout the week!
The Easiest Slow Cooker Recipe
Some people say slow cooker season is i the fall and winter, but at Fit Foodie HQ it’s ALWAYS slow cooker season. I know the latest rage is the Instant Pot (I love my IP, too), but my slow cooker will always have my heart.
So this honey sriracha chicken.
I’ve made it millions of times and so have lots of my friends and family. It is so simple to make and you only need 5 ingredients. BOOM SAUCE. Speaking of sauce, let’s talk about FFF’s signature honey sriracha sauce for a second. Here’s what you need:
Honey Sriracha Sauce Ingredients
I want to preface that THIS RECIPE IS SPICY. Like spicier than midwestern spicy. If you’re looking for something a bit milder. I suggest stepping back a little from the sriracha.
Right now the honey, sriracha, and tamari are 1:1:1. If you bring the sriracha down to 1/4 cup and it would do wonders for bringing down the spice. If you like spice, then this recipe is for you!
Hello to Chicken Meal Prep
This honey sriracha chicken is great for meal prep. I am always looking for 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes when I am planning out my week and need easy and healthy meal options.
This sriracha chicken is a set it and forget it kind of a meal. Who doesn’t love to walk into the house after a long day of work and smell the sweet scent of sriracha chicken? Make this meal NOW. You won’t regret it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Check out some of our best slow cooker chicken recipes for more meal-prep inspiration <3
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken 4 Ways
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
PS: yes, you can make this in the Instant Pot! Check out the notes section of the recipe section to find out how!
- First, prepare sauce by whisking together tamari, honey, sriracha, and minced garlic.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a slow cooker and then pour sauce on top.
- Set slow cooker to high heat and cook for 2-3 hours OR set slow cooker to low heat and cook for 6-8 hours (recommended).
- Once your chicken is easily shreddable, remove from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred chicken breast.
- Before placing shredded chicken back into slow cooker, thicken sauce by adding in 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add shredded chicken back into sauce and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- To make in the Instant Pot: Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) into your Instant Pot and close. Move the vent to seal. Turn your IP to ‘high’ manual and set the timer for 10 minutes (2-3 large chicken breasts) or 13 minutes (1 extra large chicken breast). Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, quick release. Open Instant Pot and remove chicken breasts. Add 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place chicken back in sauce and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe has been modified from its original publication date.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 231 Sugar: 25 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Keywords: honey sriracha chicken