Crockpot season is here and it’s time to start making all of your favorite healthy crockpot recipes!
In this post, we’ve rounded up some of the best healthy crockpot meals from Fit Foodie Finds that you are sure to love this season.
We know that you guys love your slow cooker because some of our most popular recipes on Fit Foodie Finds are our healthy crockpot recipes. From crockpot steel cut oats to slow cooker pork roast to crockpot chicken chili, the slow cooker is one of our favorite ways to cook anything and everything.
Healthy + Slow Cooker = LOVE
Let’s talk about slow cookers for a second here and why they make healthy crockpot recipes oh-so-easy!
Set it and Forget it: probably the best feature of the slow cooker is that all you have to do is turn it on and let it do its thing! Most recipes are made on high in 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Great for All Diets: slow cookers work for pretty much all dietary restrictions. All over the internet, you’ll find vegetarian recipes, gluten-free recipes, paleo recipes, etc!
Meal-Prep: slow cookers are perfect for cooking large meals that make multiple servings. This is why it’s our preferred choice in method when meal-prepping for the week. *PS: check out our Slow Cooker Freezer Meals post for more meal-prep inspo!
Easy Clean-Up: Since most healthy crock pot meals only require one piece of kitchen equipment (the crockpot), there is very little clean-up!
This Black & Decker 7-qt. slow cooker is our absolute go-to for all healthy crockpot recipes. It’s big enough, durable, and cooks everything perfectly.
Your Q’s Answered
Is it safe to leave a slow cooker on and go out? The slow cooker is safe to leave on and leave your home as long as you’ve properly plugged it in and nothing is dangerously surrounding the cord.
Can you put raw meat in a slow cooker? Absolutely! Some of our favorite healthy slow cooker meals involve raw meat. Check out: Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken, Honey Sriracha Crock Pot Chicken, Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken.
What is the best slow cooker to buy? We love the Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker because it’s affordable and the settings are spot on. Some slow cookers don’t have both a “low” and a “high,” but this one does! PS: you can get it on Amazon Prime HERE.
How does the slow cooker work? The slow cooker is a set it and forget it kind of product. Add all of your ingredients to the slow cooker, set your temperature to either low or high and let you food slow cook over a couple of hours. Slow cookers are excellent for cooking moist meat, meal prepping while you’re at work, and making food for the masses!
50 Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Now it’s time to feast our eyes on all of Fit Foodie Finds’ best healthy slow cooker recipes + a few from our friends on the internets!
You’ll find a variety of easy healthy crockpot recipes that are both meat-filled and plant-based. You will also find meal-prep recipes galore featuring many vegetarian lunches, dinners, delicious breakfast recipes, and then some!
Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Recipes
Let breakfast be a cinch with our favorite healthy slow cooker breakfast recipes! Here you’ll find slow cooker oatmeal recipes, breakfast egg casserole, slow cooker French toast, and more!
Featured: Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal
This is one of our all-time favorite healthy crock pot recipes! Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal is creamy as can be and full of flavor. It’s made with steel cut oats, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and a hint of maple.
More Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- How to Make Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Creamy Coconut Steel Cut Oats
- Crock Pot Samoa Steel Cut Oats
- Crockpot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
Healthy Slow Cooker Mains (with meat)
Make healthy eating for the week a breeze by using your slow cooker! Below we are sharing our favorite healthy crockpot recipes featuring chicken, pork, beef, and seafood!
featured: Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
Our Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is perfect for any weeknight meal, is kid-friendly, and made with only 5 ingredients! So? Make your grocery list, head to the store, and cook up this amazing slow cooker honey garlic chicken.
More Healthy Crockpot Mains (with meat)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crockpot Lasagna from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Fit Foodie Finds
- Shredded Chicken Tacos from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
- Hawaiian Chicken Noodle Bowl from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock Pot Black Bean Soup from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Chicken Salsa Tacos from Fit Foodie Finds
- 5- Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Chicken Wings from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Chicken Chili from Fit Foodie Finds
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Recipe from Fit Foodie Finds
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
- Meal Prep Carnitas Burrito Bowls from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale from Fit Foodie Finds
- Clean Eating Crock-Pot Chicken Taco Bowl from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Fajita Tacos from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip from Fit Foodie Finds
Healthy Slow Cooker Vegetarian Meals
Slow cookers are such a great tool to use especially if you are vegetarian! Check out some of our favorite healthy slow cooker vegetarian meals below!
Featured: Mexican Quinoa Recipe
This vegan crockpot recipe is such a delicious and wholesome stay-at-home meal that will last you all week long! (get the full recipe below!)
More Slow Cooker Vegetarian Meals
- Crockpot Baked Potatoes from Fit Foodie Finds
- Healthy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mexican Quinoa from Fit Foodie Finds
- Sweet Potato Lentil Stew from Fit Foodie Finds
- Crock-Pot Cinnamon Applesauce from Fit Foodie Finds
Healthy Crockpot Recipes: Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 2 cups vegetable broth or any kind of broth
- 1/2 large red onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- fresh cilantro
- yogurt dairy-free if necessary
- sliced avocado
- smoked paprika
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Then, place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (or until the quinoa is fully cooked and the sweet potatoes are at the desired texture).
- Occasionally stir all of the ingredients together every hour.
- When the quinoa is cooked and the sweet potatoes are soft, uncover the slow cooker.
- Serve the sweet potato Mexican quinoa with the optional toppings and enjoy!