This crockpot buffalo chicken dip is spicy, creamy, and delicious! This dip is perfect for an appetizer or for the perfect game-day treat.
The Perfect Appetizer- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Say hello to the most perfect appetizer for game day, a holiday, or just for fun. This crockpot buffalo chicken dip is easy to throw into the slow cooker and it has a surprisingly short ingredient list.
You can serve this buffalo chicken dip with any of our other delicious appetizer recipes next time you watch the game. Whether you serve this buffalo chicken dip along side these delicious chicken meatballs or BBQ crock pot chicken wings, you won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients You’ll Need
What ingredients do I need to make crockpot buffalo chicken dip? You only need five ingredients (yes, only FIVE) to make this delicious party favorite. Check out the ingredients below!
- Hot Sauce- Traditionally, buffalo chicken dip is made with Franks buffalo sauce. If you don’t have Franks on hand, feel free to use any hot sauce you would like.
- Greek yogurt– You can use any type of Greek yogurt that you would like, just be sure it is plain!
- Ranch Seasoning– You can make homemade ranch seasoning or you can buy any store bought ranch seasoning you’d like. Just remember that store bought ranch packets tend to have a bit more salt than homemade ranch seasoning.
- Water– We use water to help cook and steam the chicken. Feel free to use broth to add more flavor.
here’s a tip
If you are more of a dark meat chicken person, feel free to use 1.5-lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe.
Rather than 4-6 hours on low, you’ll need closer to 6 hours.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip 101
Are there any substitutions for the greek yogurt for healthy crockpot buffalo chicken?
If you are not a fan of greek yogurt you can substitute the greek yogurt with cream cheese or sour cream!
What should I serve with crockpot buffalo chicken dip?
The options are endless when it comes to what to serve with this crockpot buffalo chicken dip! See our favorite pairings below.
- Carrot sticks
- Bell peppers
- Potato Wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Hot pita
How do I store healthy crockpot buffalo chicken dip?
Let the crockpot buffalo chicken dip cool completely. Then, place the dip in an airtight food storage container. You can keep the buffalo chicken dip in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Can I freeze crockpot buffalo chicken dip?
We would not recommend freezing crockpot buffalo chicken dip.
How to Reheat Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
In the Microwave
Yes, you can reheat the buffalo chicken dip in the microwave! Place the chicken dip in a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave between 3-5 minutes, stirring every minute.
In the Oven
You can also reheat buffalo chicken dip in the oven by placing the buffalo chicken dip in an oven-safe dish and bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through!
In the slow cooker
Place the buffalo chicken dip back into the crockpot and add an additional 2 tablespoon to 1/4 cup of water (depending on how much dip is left) and heat the chicken on low until warm.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- Place chicken and water into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove water/moisture from slow cooker and then using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Add Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Greek yogurt, and ranch mix to shredded chicken and mix well. Then, place the top back on the slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on high and heat buffalo chicken dip for 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, turn slow cooker on warm, stir, and enjoy!
This is such a good dish to have on hand. I’ve recently been trying to find healthier option foods and this is definitely a new fav—people not looking for healthier options will love this too! I did half greek yogurt half sour cream since I’m not a huge fan of greek yogurt, or even yogurt in general. I couldn’t even tell it was in there so next time I’ll try full greek yogurt. I put it in a carb wise wrap and also used jalapeño tortilla chips for dip—so amazing! The color is a bit pink looking so some may think it “looks gross” but tastes wonderful. I also added green onions for color and flavor.
So glad you love this!!
We used canned chicken and shredded it before combining everything and throwing it in a casserole dish. Baked in the oven for 20 ish minutes and ate on romaine leaves.. SO GOOD!
How much canned chicken did you use?
We used 1.5 lbs. of raw chicken!
Can you make this in an instant pot? If so, how?
I’ve only ever made it using cream cheese! Greek yogurt sounds so much lighter. I won’t feel any guilt eating the whole thing myself. Can’t wait to try it!
So easy! So good! First time we made this was super bowl Sunday and we were hooked! Great to dip anything in! Even better the next day. I actually enjoyed it cold (I LOVE leftovers) better. The yogurt sauce and franks is dynamite. The next day we turned our dip into a chicken salad sandwich/wrap. YUM!
Could I make this in the oven? If so, how long and at what temp would you recommend?
You can! I would just cook the chicken alone in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. 375ºF for 25ish minutes. Once the chicken is done you can shred it and mix it with the rest of the ingredients <3