This Healthy 7 Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip is one of my favorite game-day appetizers of all time. It is easy, served cold, and perfect when you need to whip up a tasty dish for friends and family!
It’s the weekend! It’s fall in Minnesota and that means weekends must be full of fun, fall activities. Lee is heading to Madison, WI to go to the Badger homecoming with Mark (oh hey, it’s Linley) and I will be checking out an apple orchard and Lebanon Hills to do some hiking. I will not be doing these things alone, I will actually be spending the weekend with an eleven-year-old and a thirteen-year-old. I have been watching these kids since they were six months old and to this day they are two of my favorite people. It’s going to be a GREAT weekend.
As these kids have gotten older it has been interesting to navigate what they will and will not want to spend their time doing. For all of you Fit Foodie moms out there that have teenagers, I lift my hat to you! And? If you have any recommendations of what to do in the Minneapolis or St. Paul area with teens, let me know! One thing I am so grateful for regarding these kids is that they have adventurous appetites and love to cook.
It is always fun to decide what we are going to eat and it’s almost a whole activity in itself to prepare something healthy and tasty. I have no doubt in my mind that this Healthy 7 Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip will be a hit with the both of them!MY OTHER VIDEOS
We have all had a version of this Healthy 7 Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip at one point in our life. You can buy it premade at the grocery store or I’m sure your aunt or grandma has made the delicious and dirty version with extra sour cream! Don’t get me wrong, those versions are very tasty. However, it was fun to figure out how we could make a healthy version of this dip without taking all of the fun out of eating it.
You guys, this dip is delicious and fun to prepare. It is the perfect recipe to make with the family. You could assign each member of the family a different layer, put it all together, and BOOM, you created a delicious Healthy 7 Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip that everyone will love. This dip is fun for a weeknight appetizer or for a healthy game day snack with friends!
Give it a try!
Healthy 7 Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip: an Easy Appetizer
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Franks
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of paprika
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- Romaine + Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Colby jack cheese
- Black Olives
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for layer 1 in a bowl. Spread all over the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
- Spread layer 2 (humus) evenly over the top of greek yogurt layer.
- Next, mix all ingredients for layer 3 into a bowl. Then spread evenly over the top of the humus layer.
- Spread the tomatoes for layer 4 evenly over the black bean layer.
- For layer 5, mash avocados into a bowl, add lime juice and salt. Mix well and spread out evenly over the top of the tomato layer.
- Toss romaine and lime juice together for layer 6 in a small bowl. Spread out evenly over the avocado layer.
- Finish off the dip with layer 7 by sprinkling cheese and olives over the top of the romaine lettuce and enjoy!