Got a head of cauliflower? Make these amazing healthy buffalo cauliflower wings with just a few simple ingredients for the big game. These healthy cauliflower buffalo wings are especially delicious dipped in a homemade healthy blue cheese dip.
It’s currently Friday and I’m writing this post a few days before a HUGE game for the Minnesota Vikings. As you know, I am a Wisconsin girl, so my heart lies with the Packers, HOWEVER…I have lived in Minnesota for almost 10 years, so if the Vikes are doing well in the playoffs, I can’t help but cheer for them. On top of that, the Superbowl is actually in Minneapolis this year in just a couple of weeks.
I mean, how cool would it be to have our home team playing AT HOME during the Superbowl? I’d be pretty psyched. The only downfall is that I am going to be skiing in Breckenridge that weekend, so I technically won’t be home in Minneapolis. WHOMP. Believe me, I didn’t choose the date of that trip.
I bring this very special day up for a very special reason.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
If you’re a buffalo wing kind of person, then this is your recipe! It’s made with good-for-you ingredients and 100% guilt-free. This buffalo cauliflower recipe is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free! Don’t think for a second that these cauliflower buffalo wings look intimidating to make because they’re not! They only require a few steps and…they’re baked not fried!
- Chop Cauliflower: bite-sized is the right size!
- Egg Wash: You’ll need to crack a few eggs to create an egg wash so that you can toss the cauliflower wings in it so that the rub sticks.
- Rub: Speaking of rub, we used an almond meal base for the rub along with some delicious, smokey spices in order to amp up the flavor.
- Bake: Once all of your cauliflower wings are fully coated, it’s time to bake! Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes. I wouldn’t go any cooler than 400ºF. The hotter and faster the better.
- Buffalo Sauce: Now, t’s time to make your buffalo sauce. This is a buffalo cauliflower recipe after all. Franks and maple syrup make up this healthier buffalo sauce.
- Toss: Once your cauliflower buffalo wings are done baking, it’s time to toss in the sauce. Easy peasy!
Homemade Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip
What’s a wing without a dip? We made our own blue cheese dip and let me tell you, it’s effing good. You only need a few basic ingredients for that, too! If you’re not a blue cheese kind of person, don’t worry, we also have a homemade healthy ranch recipe HERE. Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt
- blue cheese crumbles
- lemon juice
More Buffalo Recipes
- Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Video
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Got a head of cauliflower? Make these amazing healthy buffalo cauliflower wings with just a few simple ingredients for the big game. These healthy cauliflower wings are especially delicious dipped in a homemade healthy blue cheese dip.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
For the Cauliflower
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (~1 medium head)
- 1 cup superfine almond meal
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Prep cauliflower, but cutting into “wing-sized” pieces. Set aside.
- Make rub my mixing together almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Transfer into a gallon-sized bag.
- Then, crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk.
- Dip cauliflower into the egg mixture and thoroughly coat. Then transfer into gallon-sized bag. Repeat with all pieces of cauliflower.
- Shake bag so that the cauliflower gets coated with rub.
- Transfer cauliflower onto baking sheet and spread out evenly. Spray cauliflower with olive oil cooking spray or alternatively drizzle on some olive oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Remove and flip cauliflower. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare buffalo sauce. Mix together Franks and maple syrup.
- When cauliflower is done baking, toss in buffalo sauce, making sure all pieces are coated.
- Place cauliflower back on baking sheet and then bake at 400ºF for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Prepare blue cheese sauce, by mixing together all ingredients.
Nutrition does not include blue cheese sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 11