Got a head of cauliflower? Make these amazing healthy buffalo cauliflower wings with just a few simple ingredients for the big game. These healthy cauliflower buffalo wings are especially delicious dipped in a homemade healthy blue cheese dip.
Game Day Eats
My favorite part of game-day is the FOOD. Guess what, game day doesn’t have to be ful of fried food (even though sometimes a fried cheese curd is the best!). We have so many healthy game day recipes on our site that will awe any football fan!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
If you’re a buffalo wing kind of person, then this is your recipe! It’s made with good-for-you ingredients and 100% guilt-free. This buffalo cauliflower recipe is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free!
Don’t think for a second that these cauliflower buffalo wings look intimidating to make because they’re not! They only require a few steps and…they’re baked not fried!
- Chop Cauliflower: bite-sized is the right size!
- Egg Wash: You’ll need to crack a few eggs to create an egg wash so that you can toss the cauliflower wings in it so that the rub sticks.
- Rub: Speaking of rub, we used an almond meal base for the rub along with some delicious, smokey spices in order to amp up the flavor.
- Bake: Once all of your cauliflower wings are fully coated, it’s time to bake! Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes. I wouldn’t go any cooler than 400ºF. The hotter and faster the better.
- Buffalo Sauce: Now, t’s time to make your buffalo sauce. This is a buffalo cauliflower recipe after all. Franks and maple syrup make up this healthier buffalo sauce.
- Toss: Once your cauliflower buffalo wings are done baking, it’s time to toss in the sauce. Easy peasy!
Homemade Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip
What’s a wing without a dip? We made our own blue cheese dip and let me tell you, it’s effing good. You only need a few basic ingredients for that, too! If you’re not a blue cheese kind of person, don’t worry, we also have a homemade healthy ranch recipe HERE. Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt
- blue cheese crumbles
- lemon juice
Cauliflower Wing 101
Mix up the sauce. We love buffalo sauce! We use Franks hot sauce with a little something sweet to balance our the spiciness of the wing. A traditional chicken wing has a buffalo sauce that is traditionally buffalo sauce with melted butter and it’s finger licking good.
If you aren’t a buffalo person or don’t have buffalo sauce on hand, toss these cauliflower wings with any of your favorite sauces! Here are a few options!
- BBQ Sauce
- Soy Sauce + Honey
- Maple Syrup + Garlic Chili Sauce
The crunchier, the better. If you like your cauliflower wings on the crispier side, turn your oven to broil right at the end of the bake time and broil the wings for 2-3 minutes.
Can I use frozen cauliflower? We do NOT recommend using frozen cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower tends to have added moisture and you can end up with mushy cauliflower.
More Buffalo Recipes
- Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wrap
For the Cauliflower
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (~1 medium head)
- 1 cup superfine almond meal
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Prep cauliflower, but cutting into “wing-sized” pieces. Set aside.
- Make rub my mixing together almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Transfer into a gallon-sized bag.
- Then, crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk.
- Dip cauliflower into the egg mixture and thoroughly coat. Then transfer into gallon-sized bag. Repeat with all pieces of cauliflower.
- Shake bag so that the cauliflower gets coated with rub.
- Transfer cauliflower onto baking sheet and spread out evenly. Spray cauliflower with olive oil cooking spray or alternatively drizzle on some olive oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Remove and flip cauliflower. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare buffalo sauce. Mix together Franks and maple syrup.
- When cauliflower is done baking, toss in buffalo sauce, making sure all pieces are coated.
- Place cauliflower back on baking sheet and then bake at 400ºF for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Prepare blue cheese sauce, by mixing together all ingredients.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition does not include blue cheese sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 256 Sugar: 9 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 19 Fiber: 6 Protein: 11
Keywords: cauliflower buffalo wings, cauliflower wings