If you are looking for a healthy on-the-go lunch to bring to work that packed with protein and veggies, you will love our Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe. This Buffalo Chicken Wrap is made with Greek yogurt, shredded chicken, hot sauce, and all the fixings.
Buffalo chicken lover? Check out some of our other favs from Fit Foodie Finds: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad, Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip, Buffalo Chicken Mason Jar Salad, and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Made with 36g of protein/serving, these delicious buffalo chicken wraps are healthy, flavorful, and kid-friendly! Pack in the veggies, add some blue cheese, and let’s get cooking!
Healthy Wraps FTW
Today we are sharing one of our favorite healthy chicken wraps. It involves buffalo chicken and blue cheese, so, you’re welcome!
The reason why we love these wraps so much is because they’re:
- high protein – these wraps pack In 36g protein/serving!
- easy to make – you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to make this recipe
- great for meal-prep – double or triple this recipe and prep lunch for the entire week!
- work/school friendly – these are super easy to pack for these kids during school or for yourself at work.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken
Let’s talk about this healthy buffalo chicken for a second. It is, in fact, the star of this healthy wrap recipe. Our signature buffalo chicken recipe is made with 3 simple ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- chicken breast – bake your chicken any way you want and then use 2 forks (or a stand mixer) to shred your chicken.
- plain Greek yogurt – the Greek yogurt is the base of the buffalo sauce. You can use any fat % Greek yogurt, or even plain yogurt as well. Can’t do dairy? Try a dairy-free option!
- hot sauce – we prefer Frank’s Red Hot Sauce when it comes to buffalo. But, if you have another favorite, feel free to use that one.
Is buffalo chicken healthy?
Not all buffalo chicken is healthy, but our recipe is only 3 ingredients and made with protein-packed Greek yogurt and lean chicken breast.
How long does buffalo chicken last in the fridge?
Your buffalo chicken will last up to 3-5 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container like a glass meal prep container.
Ways to Make Shredded Chicken
This wrap with chicken uses shredded chicken, so we thought we’d give you a few pointers on how to make it! You can make your shredded chicken however you want. Some popular ways to do it include slow cooker, Instant Pot, oven, etc. We do have a few simple tutorials on FFF for shredded chicken —
Once you’ve got your baked chicken, it’s time to shred. To keep things simple, we use 2 forks to shred the chicken breast, but you can also use a stand mixer.
Simply shred each chicken breast with your forks by pulling them apart.
here’s a tip
Got a stand mixer? Pop your chicken breast right into your stand mixer and use that to shred instead! This is great if you’re doubling or tripling this recipe. Makes it handsfree and super quick!
How to Make this Wrap Even Healthier
Looking to make this buffalo chicken wrap recipe even healthier? Try swapping out the tortilla for one of the following low-carb options!
- Lettuce – turn this recipe into a lettuce wrap! Same flavors, just less carbs.
- Low carb/calorie wraps – there are so many low carb wraps on the market these days. Head to the grocery store and grab your favorite one.
- Cabbage – don’t have lettuce? Try a piece of cabbage for the same effect as a lettuce wrap.
- No wrap – turn it into a salad like this Buffalo Chicken Salad in a Jar
In addition to swapping out the tortilla for something lower carb and calorie, you can also add more veggies such as spinach, carrots, peppers, etc.
Is this recipe gluten-free? If you use a gluten-free tortilla (or no tortilla), then this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Meal Prep Lunch
Lunch, however, you prep and let it sit for a few hours before you eat it. Let me tell you– I can’t do mushy bread or gooey lettuce. It was always a fun challenge to make lunches that were easier to pack and STAYED delicious until lunch.
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap is a delicious lunch option (and one of our fav chicken meal prep recipes!) for lunch on-the-go! Prep the cooked chicken Sunday night, cut the veggies and make your wraps.
You can prep a couple of wraps for the first couple days of the week or you can have all the ingredients prepped and prepare the wrap before you head to work in the morning. Both options leave you with a satisfying lunch packed with protein and veggies.
here’s a tip
Make sure not to prep your wraps with chicken too far in advance. No one likes a soggy tortilla!
You can, however, prep all of the ingredients and then assemble the morning-or or the night before!
We recommend storing all of the parts of this recipe separately in the refrigerator so that nothing gets soggy as it sits in the fridge.
Prepare your buffalo chicken wraps the morning of or night before you’re going to eat them.
Can you freeze these wraps? We don’t recommend freezing these buffalo chicken wraps and here’s why. Dairy doesn’t freeze so well and risks curdling. These wraps are made with Greek yogurt, which is why we don’t recommend freezing these for later.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Video
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Original
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium purple onion, sliced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, (1 tablespoon per wrap)
- 6 medium whole wheat tortillas
- Place chicken breasts and water into a slow cooker. Turn to high and cook for 1.5-2 hours or until chicken breasts have fully cooked
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and let cool for 5 minutes. Then, use 2 forks to shred. Transfer into a medium bowl and then place in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Once cooled, remove from the fridge and add Greek yogurt and Franks Red Hot and mix.
- Lay tortillas flat on your countertop. Then, divide the vegetables up evenly between each tortilla.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of buffalo chicken on top of the veggie and then top with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles per wrap.
- Tightly wrap and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 319 Sugar: 4 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 24 Fiber: 4 Protein: 36
Keywords: buffalo chicken wrap