Get your buffalo chicken salad fix with this lightened-up and easy grilled buffalo chicken salad served with a deliciously indulgent greek yogurt blue cheese dressing. It is the perfect weeknight dinner on a warm night and this grilled buffalo chicken salad is also a great meal prep meal.
Grilled Chicken Season
Holidays are a big deal in my family. However, there is one holiday that is the most important holiday for Cole. MEAT DAY. We have a group of friends that all love meat and each summer, we get together and everyone has to come with their A game.
Last year we had a mixture of meaty goodness. I mean check out this list.
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Smoked Ribs
- Smoked Whole Chicken
- Sous Vide Scallops
- Sous Vide Lobster Tails
- Grilled Shrimp
Whenever Meat Day comes around, each couple has to think of a new meat recipe to share with the group. It is SO fun! Inevitably, there is always some sort of buffalo chicken recipe! You just can’t go wrong. Maybe we will bring a couple of lighter dishes this summer, like this grilled chicken buffalo salad!
We Love Grilled Buffalo Chicken
For this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad, we fired up some spicy grilled chicken breast made with a hot sauce + maple syrup marinade on the grill. Bet you didn’t know buffalo chicken on the bbq was so easy! Then, we added in sliced apple, cucumber, tomatoes, and grilled onions into the mix to complete this romaine-based salad!
What we loved most about this salad was the combination of both hot and cold and spicy and neutral. So many things happening in one bite.
My one tip for this recipe. DON’T BE AFRAID OF YOUR GRILL. If you’ve never grilled anything before, you just need to jump in! The scariest part is lighting the flame and once you’ve done that, GOLDEN.
Healthy Dressing Recipes
Everybody has their favorite salad dressing and we don’t judge. You do you. We have so many delicious healthy salad dressings on Fit Foodie Finds, so take your pick! Personally, we would serve this grilled chicken salad with our Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing, but feel free to use any of the dressings below on your salad.
- All-Purpose Green Goddess Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Healthy Ranch Dressing
- The Best Balsamic Vinegarette
- Asian Salad Dressing
Buffalo Chicken Recipes
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 4 heaping cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- First, preheat grill to 400ºF – 425ºF.
- Then, prepare the marinade by mixing together hot sauce and maple syrup.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and then place in a bowl or plastic container. Pour on the marinade and let sit in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Prepare the rest of your salad by chopping a cucumber and an apple and halving the tomatoes. Slice the red onion into thin strips, keeping them in their circular form. Set aside.
- Once the grill has preheated. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Then, place chicken and onion onto the grill.
- Grill chicken for around 7-8 minutes per side. Before flipping, coat with any excess marinade. Flip the onions around the same time.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking and has nice grill marks, remove from grill. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make your salad by placing sliced chicken and all of your veggies on top of a bed of romaine lettuce. Then, add 2 tablespoons of Bolthouse Farms Organic Blue Cheese Dressing on top of each salad and toss. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 397 Sugar: 19 Sodium: 1915 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 6 Protein: 47
Keywords: grilled buffalo chicken