You’re going to love this Healthy Asian Chicken Salad! It’s made with delicious raw vegetables, a homemade Asian vinaigrette, and crunchy ramen for the perfect mixture of textures and flavor.
The Crunchiest Asian Chicken Salad
Life is better with a little crunch, am I right? We are all about balance on FFF and that includes in our salads! We love developing salads that are the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, tangy, and spicy. No boring salads allowed here on FFF.
If you are looking to change up your salad routine, check out all of the amazing salad recipes on FFF and add them to the menu. There are so many options and no two recipes are the same! This Asian Chicken Salad is unique in that we use ramen noodles for the crunch instead of a nut! Now, we understand that some ramen noodles have certain additives that aren’t good for you.
We say, everything in moderation, but if you want to use a healthier version of a ramen noodle in this recipe, try these Lotus Foods organic ramen noodles that are made from brown rice and millet! Otherwise, feel free to replace the ramen noodles with your favorite nut! Make it your own.
Favorite Spring Ingredients
Other than the crunchy ramen noodles, this Asian Chicken Salad is made with It’s made with all of my Spring favs:
- Red Pepper
- Purple Cabbage
- Green Onion
Hopefully, this list of ingredients is full of ingredients you have in your refrigerator on the regular! If not, they are easy peasy to track down. We love mixing up a delicious tangy tamari dressing to toss into the salad, but feel free to use any of these healthy salad dressings in its place!
Healthy Asian Salads
Healthy Asian Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- 4 heaping cups baby kale (or arugula)
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 package of Ramen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional: 2 4 oz. chicken breasts, cooked
For the Tangy Tamari Dressing
- 3 teaspoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Prepare vegetables by washing and cutting as noted above. Set aside.
- Prep the ramen by cutting into small chunks with a sharp knife. Then, heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium/high heat. Cook ramen until golden brown (be careful not to burn). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- Prepare salad by mixing together all salad ingredients (chicken breast is optional). Drizzle on dressing and toss again.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition facts do not include chicken
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 321 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 417 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6
Keywords: Asian Chicken Salad