This sriracha chicken salad is a delectable combination of fresh greens, spicy chicken, and a tangy Greek green goddess dressing! If you’re looking to add a flavorful and healthy salad recipe to the menu, here it is!
Get those veggie in this week and make this sriracha chicken salad! We also have a variety of different salad recipes on FFF! Whether you are looking for green salads, potato salad, broccoli salad, or even pasta salad! We’ve got you covered!
A Perfectly Balanced Salad
What’s in a salad? There are so many ways to construct the perfect salad! The number one rule to remember is use ingredients that you love, that way you’ll actually look forward to eating a delicious salad!
We are huge fans of sriracha and crispy chicken, so why not cook up some delicious sriracha chicken and throw it on a salad?
We kept this sriracha chicken salad balanced with a spicy chicken, a tangy dressing that pairs well with the sriracha, all over delicious greens and vegetables! Let’s break each layer of this perfect salad down!
The chicken in this recipe is sriracha chicken. We use chicken breast because it’s widely available, very lean, and takes on flavor really well!
If you don’t have chicken breast, feel free to use skinless chicken thighs or chicken tender cutlets! Any chicken would taste delicious!
Greek yogurt pairs so well with spicy food. It gives your mouth a break from the spice while also giving you an amazing tanginess. We just love it! We blended greek yogurt with fresh herbs, lemon, and garlic to make a delicious green goodness dressing!
If you are not a fan of green goddess dressing, feel free to choose one of these healthy dressing recipes!
We went with a spring mix, sliced radishes, and diced red onions as the base vegetables in this salad! The greens are buttery and the radishes and onion give the perfect crunch!
You can also choose your own toppings to go along with the crispiness of this salad! We went with creamy fresh avocado and blue cheese crumbles! YUMO.
How to Make Sriracha Chicken CRISPY
Sriracha chicken is definitely the star of the show for this salad! It is coated, cooked up, and then tossed with a sweet + spicy sriracha sauce!
- Make the sriracha sauce first and set it aside!
- Next, mix up your “breading” for the chicken and toss the chicken in an egg wash and coat it with the breading.
- Then, BEFORE tossing it in sauce brown the chicken in a skillet or cast iron pan! This is going to really crisp your chicken up!
- Once all chicken is browned, toss the chicken with the sriracha sauce until each chicken piece is coated with sriracha sauce.
Just be careful of this–> Sometimes browning the chicken without a sauce causes some smoking! Make sure you have your kitchen fan on when cooking the chicken over the stove!
Keep these Tips + Tricks in Mind
If you are meal prepping this salad
When preparing this salad for lunch or dinner, go ahead and follow the recipe as is!
If you are meal prepping this salad for the week, we suggest waiting to add the dressing to the salad until right before eating it!
Change up the vegetables
Don’t fret too much about switching up what vegetables you use! If you don’t have a spring mix, arugula or romaine would also be great in this salad!
No radishes, chop up some sweet peppers or carrots! The options are endless. It’s all about adding ingredients to this salad that you are excited to eat!
Not a fan of blue cheese? Have no fear, feta or goat cheese crumbles would also be a tasty addition to this sriracha chicken salad!
Healthy GREEN Salad Recipes
Sriracha Chicken Salad
For the Chicken
- 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 4-oz. breasts)
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/2 medium lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ground oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 medium lime juiced
- salt to taste
- water or olive oil to taste (to thin the dressing out)
For the Salad
- 4 handfuls of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 medium avocado sliced
For the Chicken
- First, dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Then, create the sriracha sauce by mixing together sriracha, lemon, honey, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place ground oat flour, salt, and pepper, into a medium bowl and mix. Whisk an egg in another medium bowl and set aside.
- Next, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over low/medium. Low/medium is important in order to prevent burning.
- While the pan is heating up, prep chicken by dipping each piece into the egg wash and then into oat flour to coat on all sides. This is going to help create a crunchier texture.
- Place chicken on sauce pan and sauté for 6-10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. We suggest turning your fan on as the chicken may get a little smokey.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add sriracha sauce to the pan and toss, fully coating all of the chicken pieces. Set chicken aside.
For the Dressing
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Option to add water or olive oil as needed to thin out dressing to reach a desired consistency.
For the Salad
- Assemble salad by placing 2 handfuls of mixed greens into 2 large bowls.
- Then, divide out blue cheese crumbles, sliced radishes, diced onion, avocado, and sriracha chicken into the two bowls
- Serve with green goddess dressing.
Tips & Notes
- honey: If the sriracha sauce is too spicy for your liking, add a little bit more honey to tame it down!
Photo Credit: Wooden Skillet
Thanks for the great recipe! Fast, very tasty, my kids were happy!
Wahoo! Always a win when the kiddos are happy 😀
After my first bite I announced “this is my favorite salad I’ve ever had!!!” SO. GOOD.
Oh wow, we’re blushing! So glad you loved this salad as much as we do, Kristen 😀
If you don’t mind a few dishes, this dish is SO flavorful! Would definitely recommend
This was such a great weeknight dinner! Excellent flavors and textures- as always with FFF recipes!
Yummy salad! Double the dressing you won’t regret it.
YUM! Made this tonight after a busy day of volleyball tournaments and prepping for the week ahead. It was so good! That dressing is amazing, so glad I have extra for other salads this week! The chicken is the perfect amount of spice (I did add a little more honey), even my kids enjoyed it! We added grape tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado and red onion for our veggies and of course topped it with the blue cheese. I look forward to adding this salad into our summer dinner rotation.
Perfect summer salad! I didn’t have oat flour so I used panko and cooked in the air fryer- worked great! Will definitely be making this again, especially the spicy chicken 😋
This. Was. Bomb. 🔥🔥🔥
It is an amazing combination of flavors… especially if you like a little kick! Yet another GREAT recipe, ladies!!!!
Salad was delicious! Perfect combination of spicy & sweet! My chicken didn’t get quite as crispy as the recipe picture, but still delicious. Great spring or summer meal!
Made this for meal prep this week and was surprised how much I loved it! I ended up not having oat flour so I cooked the chicken on a skillet with the sauce and it was still delicious! Pretty spicy but I like spice. The dressing was my favorite part! Definitely adding the dressing in my rotation for other salads and even as a dip for veggies!
Such a good dressing to use as a dip for veggies!
So yum! I added extra leftover sauce to my veggies, but included mixed greens and herbs, radishes, purple cabbage and golden beets and sauerkraut! No cheese for me since I’m paleo, but the spicinessnod the sauce and the green goddess dressing worked perfectly!
Ooo FUN additions, Kit! So glad you enjoyed this salad 😀
Soo delicious! I decided to try with tofu instead of chicken. I didn’t even need to bread the tofu- just let it marinate in the sauce and then airfryed it! No radishes at the store, so shredded some turnips and added diced bell peppers and red onion. This will be repeated!
Oooo what a FANTASTIC idea to use air fried tofu! We’re definitely going to have to try that 😀
This salad was delicious!! I could eat the honey sriracha chicken by itself and use this dressing on anything!! Was a lot of prep for one salad but I can see myself using those pieces as separate recipes in the future. Would for sure eat it again!!
YESSSS, the sriracha chicken is so great on its own! And YESSS to putting that amazing dressing on anything 😀
Delicious! I made the mistake of watering down my dressing before blending it and it came out very watery (but still tasty). It was spicy but not overwhelming. I definitely plan to make again.
This salad is bomb. Make it.
So glad you loved this, Randy!
i PUT CUCUMBERS AND ONION AND LITTLE CILANTRO. dRESSING BITTER HAD TO PEPPER AND SALT IT MORE. 5 STAR RECEIPE
Delicious!! Great flavors all together!
This took forever to get all the ingredients together and prepped. The chicken turned out terrible. Oat flour fell off while cooking and turned into oatmeal. I cook a lot and love trying new recipes. This one wasn’t good for me personally.