Put a healthy, creative twist on classic chicken salad by using this Greek yogurt and peanut butter base with tons of crunchy veggies. This Thai Peanut Chicken Salad recipe is great for meal prep lunches and snacks to enjoy throughout the week!
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad for Meal Prep
It’s been meal prep mania in the Fit Foodie Kitchen over the past few weeks. The team has been in and out with travel so meal prep has been more important than ever! I feel you…it’s not fun walking off a plane after a full day of travel and jumping right into the kitchen. But let me tell you, the next morning it’s THE BEST FEELING EVER. Plus, you’ll be setting yourself up for success all week long. Which is why we’re here with this delicious Thai Peanut Chicken Salad. It is a very meal prep friendly recipe and so versatile…just my kind of recipe, and hopefully yours, too!
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad Ingredients
Just look how colorful the ingredients are in this recipe! Makes my heart happy to be eating the rainbow in one meal because let me tell you, it’s not easy for me to eat enough veggies in a single day. It’s what I struggle with most when it comes to food. Let’s check out the lineup of this Thai peanut chicken salad:
- chicken breast
- purple cabbage
- red pepper
- green onion
If you are all about DIY recipes…you could even use your homemade peanut butter in the sauce! Check out FFF’s tutorial on how to make peanut butter —> HERE.
What to Pair with Chicken Salad
If you are a texture person…this salad is for you! It’s so crunchy and satisfying not to mention higher in protein and lower in carbs. WOOT. There are also a million and one ways to serve this bad boy, here are a few ways we love to enjoy it:
- On toast
- On top of greens
- In a wrap
- In a lettuce/cabbage wedge
- In a bagel
- On crackers
- On tortilla chips
- ALONE (seriously, this recipe is even good on its own with a fork!)
Other Chicken Salad Recipes
- 4 Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium red pepper finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped
- First, bake chicken breast so that you can easily shred it. We recommend 350ºF for arond 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- When chicken breast is done cooking, use two forks to shred. Then, let cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix with other salad ingredients.
- Finally, pour sauce mixture onto the chicken salad and mix until evenly combined.
- Serve over greens, on top of toast, in a lettuce wrap, etc.
Tips & Notes
- Depending on how thick your Greek yogurt and peanut butter are, you might need to add some water to thing things out a bit. Do this by preference!
- Recipe was slightly modified and updated on 3/4/2019.