It’s hard to find ranch dressing without a long list of ingredients. This recipe will show you how to make Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing with a clean ingredient list, so you’ll never have to go to the grocery store for dressing again!
If you’re a sauce girl, raise your hand! ME TOO. I love hoisin smothered all over my buddha bowls, hummus all over my veggies, and of course, secret sauce (Franks + Greek Yogurt). The more sauce the better, do you feel me? Though I love all the sauce I can get, it seems like store-bought dressings and sauces are all packed with sugar and a super long ingredient list. Yes, there are so many more options today than there were in the past, but I’ve come to the conclusion that making a homemade dressing or a sauce is always the way to go. Especially when it’s easy to make.
RANCH, it’s a dressing that is generally associated with crunchy salads and carrots. When I close my eyes and think back to growing up with Wisconsin, I can just smell the tangy scent of Hidden Valley Ranch. It was always being smothered on top of an iceberg lettuce salads that you ordered before your Friday night fish fry…because that’s what you do on Friday nights in Wisconsin.
I’m usually a vinaigrette girl, but I found myself craving ranch with my salad the other day and didn’t have any in my fridge. SO, we decided we would play with a recipe. GUESS WHAT, we had all the ingredients we needed in my pantry + fridge. It was a sign from the Ranch Gods. So, what do you need for our homemade ranch dressing recipe? Check it:
Homemade Ranch Dressing Ingredients
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
Ranch is typically made with mayonnaise and buttermilk, but we kept things on the lighter side and used nonfat Greek yogurt. The spice mix is really what makes ranch…ranch, in my opinion, and we nailed it in this healthy ranch dressing recipe! The combination of parsley, dill, chives, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt makes for the just-right ranch flavoring you know and love.
And seriously, all you have to do is throw everything in a food processor and BOOM homemade ranch dressing. Whether you like ranch on a salad or with your pizza, this homemade ranch dressing recipe will not disappoint. It will keep in an air-tight container in your fridge for a week, but we’re betting it will be gone before the week is up 😀
Healthy Ranch Dressing Pairings
Looking for delicious ways to serve your homemade ranch dressing? Here are some yummy and healthy ideas:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Coconut Crusted Chicken Fingers
Other Healthy Dressing Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Homemade Poppyseed Dressing
- All-Purpose Green Goddess Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon chives, dried
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons water (or more depending on how thin you want your ranch)
- Place all ingredients into a magic bullet or food processor and process until combined!
- Serve as a dip or dressing (just add more water to thin out).
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 cup Calories: 52 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 172 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 4 Fiber: 0 Protein: 6
Keywords: healthy ranch dressing, homemade ranch dressing