Eat the rainbow with this ultimate garden salad and homemade croutons tossed in French and blue cheese dressing. Enjoy as a side or a main dish!
The Ultimate Garden Salad
This ultimate garden salad truly is the ultimate! It tastes oh so FRESH. From the combination of fresh veggies and herbs, to the amazingly delicious combination of French and blue cheese dressing, you can’t go wrong serving this salad to your family and friends!
Why you’ll love it!
Veggie packed: This garden salad is packed with 5 different, colorful veggies. Yum!
Homemade croutons! Yes, that’s right, we’re showing you how to make our amazingly easy stove top croutons.
Easily customizable: Don’t have some of the veggies? Want to swap out the dressing? Go for it! This salad is easily customizable.
Garden Salad Ingredients
- Romaine hearts: Gotta love the crunch of romaine hearts, but feel free to sub for any salad greens you have on hand.
- Cherry tomatoes: Cherry or grape tomatoes are the perfect bite-size for a salad like this.
- Red onion: Feel free to sub for white or yellow onion if that’s all you have on hand.
- Matchstick carrots: Matchstick your own or use store-bought!
- Sugar snap peas: You’ll love the sweet flavor and crunchy crunch of sliced sugar snap peas.
- Minced fresh chives: Fresh chives add amazing herby flavor to this salad.
- Homemade croutons: You will not regret making our homemade croutons on the stove top!
- Blue cheese crumbles: Not a fan of blue cheese? Crumbled feta or goat cheese are great substitutions.
- Blue cheese dressing: We love making a batch of our Greek Yogurt blue cheese dressing for this salad, but store-bought will do as well.
- French dressing: Any store-bought variety will do!
Blue Cheese Dressing
Whip up our Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing! It’s the perfect complement to this garden salad.
How to Make the Ultimate Garden Salad
Making this garden salad is as easy as 1-2-3!
Combine Ingredients in a bowl
Add the romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion, carrots, peas and chives to a large salad bowl.
Toss, Dress & Top
Top the salad with croutons, blue crumbles, and drizzle the blue cheese dressing and French dressing over the top of the salad.
Serve & Enjoy!
Toss and serve the salad next to your favorite main dishes or on its own.
Make a batch of our homemade croutons for this garden salad — you won’t regret it!
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Planning to meal prep this salad? Wait to dress the salad until right before you serve it. Store the undressed salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ultimate Garden Salad
- 2 romaine hearts rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ medium red onion minced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1.5 cups homemade croutons
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2-4 tablespoons Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing
- 2-4 tablespoons French dressing
- Add the romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion, carrots, peas and chives to a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with croutons, blue crumbles, and drizzle the blue cheese dressing and French dressing over the top of the salad.
- Serve the salad next to your favorite main dishes or on its own.
Tips & Notes
- Feel free to use any vegetables of your choice for this salad.
- If you are not a fan of blue cheese dressing, we recommend ranch dressing.
The base, the body, the garnish, and the dressing are the constituent parts of a salad. Green salads (tossed or composed), bound, vegetable, fruit, and spider solitaire 2 suit are the five fundamental salad varieties.