All you need is 5 ingredients and 20 minutes and this Lemon Butter Seared Salmon will be ready for dinner!
Note to self: don’t edit photos of the most delicious tasting salmon when you are EXTREMELY HUNGRY. This will result in hangriness.
It was so good to be back in the kitchen with Lin yesterday! We’ve got some AMAZING recipes in the works for casserole week, you guys. While I was away in Scandinavia, Lin started testing a handful of casserole recipes for the big week and HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL did she do a good job. We re-tested and shot two of them yesterday and I am so excited to share them with you.
This poor salmon recipe has been sitting in the queue for about three months. It’s been pushed and shoved around the content calendar and it’s finally going live. Every time I make salmon, I ask myself why I don’t make it more often. For some reason, I always gravitate towards chicken even though you can pretty much flavor salmon any way you want! This recipe is a classic. Lemon + butter + dill = everything I’ve ever wanted in a salmon recipe. I really enjoy pan friend salmon…even over grilled! It gives it more of a crispy outer layer, which I prefer.
We served this deliciousness with some roasted veggies, but since this is such a versatile recipe you could serve it over greens or even use the leftovers in a salmon scramble…just like this one.
Lemon Butter Seared Salmon
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2/3 lb. salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, prep salmon by patting with a paper towel to remove moisture. Then, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoons minced garlic into a skillet and set over medium/high heat. Place salmon skin side up in the pan and sear for 4 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until barely pink in the middle.
- Once flakey and cooked, squeeze 1/2 lemon on top of salmon and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Store leftovers in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 28
Because Team Fit Foodie is all about meal prep —> how perfect would this be to bring to work?