Got leftover salmon? Make this protein-packed dill salmon scramble that’s made with just a few ingredients and seasonal flavor!
This recipe is the epitome of the perfect brinner. When I think brinner, I think savory breakfast. There’s no better savory breakfast than a dill salmon scramble!
Member that one time I made that lovely chopped salmon salad? I had a ton of leftover salmon and made this dish for brinner the next day. I know some of you love savory breakfast, so eating this after a workout would be PERFECT with the crazy amount of protein involved.
First up- fresh farm eggs. They are a must. Check out the intensity of these yolks!
Fresh dill is the bizomb. This is the one herb where you really can’t over do it. There’s no such thing as “it’s too dilly.”
Then there’s the salmon. I prefer to grill mine, but baking in the oven is just as easy!
So when I make this next, I’m totally going to put it between a whole wheat bagel with some peanut butter. HOW GOOD DOES THAT SOUND?!
Just kidding, about the peanut butter. I’m not THAT much of a pb freak :)
You HAVE to make the Greek yogurt topping to go with this. It’s too good not to! It’s very similar to the Greek yogurt dill dressing that I made for the salmon salad I was talking about earlier. So flipping good! #eatallthedill
Dill Salmon Scramble
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
For the Scramble
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoon EVOO
- 1 cup leftover salmon, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper, to taste
For the Greek Yogurt Topping
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, full-fat
- 1/2 tablespoon dill, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chives
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon (a squeeze)
- Prep eggs by whisking together 4 large eggs, dill, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Then, heat a medium size skillet to to medium/high heat and add in EVOO and garlic. Pour in egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes. Once the eggs have started to cook, add in cooked salmon.
- Continue stirring until the eggs have reached desired texture (for about 3ish minutes).
- To make the Greek yogurt topping, mix together all ingredients.