This delicious salmon salad with Greek yogurt dill dressing is packed with flavor from grilled corn, fresh radishes, apple chunks, and, of course, salmon and a delish dressing. With easy step-by-step instructions to grill the salmon and whip up a healthy, homemade Greek yogurt dill dressing, you’ll be enjoying this healthy salad in no time!
Salads are some of our favorite recipes on Fit Foodie Finds. From our BBQ Chicken Salad to our Healthy Asian Chicken Salad to this Superfood Detox Salad, you’ll find no shortage of healthy and delicious salads here!
FFF Retreat = Recipe Brainstorming!
2 weekends ago Team Fit Foodie had a little retreat at Linley’s family’s river house on the St. Croix. If you’re from Minnesota, you know there is a debate as to which side of the St. Croix is better, Wisco or Minnesota. Being a Wisconsin girl, I’d have to vote East side on this one :P
Being away from city life for an entire weekend was really nice. The river house (what we call it) is nestled away in the bluffs of the river and is absolutely gorgeous. If you follow Fit Foodie Finds on Instagram, you may have seen some glimpses of the property! We decided to make our Fit Foodie Retreat a mixture of work and play…insert recipe creation…and this delicious salmon salad.
We picked up an amazing piece of salmon from the local IGA, Ptacek’s. I love love love IGAs, especially because they are run locally. They always have THE best local meat and produce selection. And at this specific IGA (and probably most in WI), the cheese selection was insane! YES PALEASE.
This salad features the most delicious combination of flavors tossed together to create one of our go-to salads of the summer, including:
- Fresh greens: feel free to use your favorite greens! We used butter lettuce, but spring greens, arugula, romaine or any other greens will work.
- Apple: we used a gala apple, but a honey crisp apple would be absolutely delightful!
- Radish: a thinly sliced radish is a gorgeous addition to this salad.
- Grilled corn: grilling corn on the cob in a foil pack on the grill is oh so easy and delish! Here’s a great recipe to go off if you don’t have leftover grilled corn already on hand for this recipe.
- Purple onion: we’re big fans of fresh sliced onion in summer salads like this!
- Blue cheese: or feta would be delish, too!
- Grilled salmon: the true star of the show in this salad! And even easier than chicken to shred.
- Homemade Greek yogurt dill dressing: we’re guessing you’ll be adding this to more salads than just this one :D It’s also a great dipping sauce for veggies!
How to Grill Salmon
Grilling salmon can seem intimidating, but as long as you know the temperature of your grill, you’ll be good to go! First, begin by preheating your grill to 375ºF. Then, prep your salmon filet by generously seasoning with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. Place a piece of tin foil on your grill and then place the salmon on top of it with the skin side down. Let cook with your grill covered for about 20-25 minutes.
Make sure to check on your salmon every 5 minutes to ensure your grill temperature isn’t getting too high causing the salmon to burn. Once the salmon has fully cooked to 145 degrees (it will be light pink all the way through and flake easily with a fork!), let cool for about 5 minutes before shredding and adding to your salad.
More Salmon Recipes:
- Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Lemon Dill Salmon Burgers
- Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Maple Ginger Baked Salmon
Salmon Salad with Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
This delicious salmon salad with Greek yogurt dill dressing is packed with flavor from grilled corn, fresh radishes, apple chunks, and of course, salmon and a delish dressing. With easy step-by-step instructions to grill the salmon and whip up a healthy, homemade Greek yogurt dill dressing, you’ll be enjoying this healthy salad in no time!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
For the Salad
- 1/2 lb. salmon, grilled
- 2 ears of corn, grilled
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 medium apple, chunked
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 large handfuls of your favorite greens
- squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2%
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- First, begin by preheating your grill to 375ºF. Then, prep salmon by generously seasoning with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. Place a piece of foil on your grill and the salmon on top of it. Let cook with your grill covered for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to continuously check on your salmon to ensure the grill temperature does not get too hot causing the salmon to burn. Once the salmon has fully cooked (to an internal temperature of 145 degrees), let cool for about 5 minutes before shredding. Set aside.
- Prep salad by using a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels off 2 grilled ears of corn. Then, slice 3 radishes into thin rounds, 1/2 small red onion into thin slices, and 1/2 medium apple into chunks.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients together. This is a thick dressing. If you’d like it thinner add more olive oil or lemon juice.
- Prep salad in a large serving bowl by placing greens on the bottom, then sliced veggies/fruit on top, then shredded salmon, then dressing!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 369
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 17