Our chicken Caesar salad is made with crunchy vegetables, cooked chicken, and our homemade Caesar dressing. It is ready in under 30 minutes and is best when topped with grated parmesan cheese (obviously!).
Speaking of caesar salad dressing, that’s what makes this recipe so amazing. Our homemade caesar dressing is made with Greek yogurt, mayo, parmesan, and a little anchovy paste. It’s truly the cherry on top.
What You Need for Chicken Caesar Salad
- Romaine lettuce: romaine is the base of this salad. We love how crunchy an crispy this lettuce is.
- Cooked chicken: you are more than welcome to use any kind of cooked chicken. Our pan-seared chicken breast is basic and a great option for this chicken Caesar salad recipe.
- Caesar salad dressing: we suggest making homemade Caesar dressing, but you can also use store-bought. Check out our homemade variation below.
- Extra veggies: since we’re always looking for ways to add more veggies, feel free to add what you have on hand. We threw in some cucumber.
Substitutions + Variations
Use a different protein: Have fun with this salad recipe and use a different protein! Try one of the following for starters:
Add more veggies: Why skimp on the veggies when you can truly pack them in? Add whatever you have in the fridge such as bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, or celery.
Go vegetarian: Hoping to keep this vegetarian? Simply remove the chicken breast and anchovy paste.
Our Favorite Caesar Salad Dressing
Our homemade Caesar salad dressing is seriously so good. It’s creamy, tangy, and easy to make in your home. The only thing we really did differently than classic Caesar dressing is we swapped the raw egg yolk for mayonnaise and use some Greek yogurt. Here’s what you need to make our homemade Caesar dressing:
Homemade Caesar Dressing
Make this simple homemade Caesar salad dressing recipe. It’s made without eggs and has a base of Greek yogurt and mayo, making it extra creamy!
Easy Ways to Cook Chicken
Stovetop Chicken: Sear chicken breast in butter or olive oil over medium/high heat for around 10 minutes, flipping halfway or until the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165ºF. Check out our Pan Seared Chicken Breast recipe for more details
Grilled Chicken: Grill chicken breasts for 15-18 minutes at 400ºF, flipping halfway. Make sure your chicken breast reaches at least 165ºF internally. Check out our Grilled Chicken Breast recipe for more details.
Oven-Baked Chicken: Bake chicken breasts at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Check out our Baked Chicken Breast recipe for more details.
Chicken caesar salad makes for an excellent main dish, but also as a starter or side. Here are some of our favorite mains that pair perfectly with this recipe.
Mama’s Meatballs and Spaghetti: Italian meatballs and pasta is a crowd-pleasing, kid-friendly dinner idea. This truly is the best meatball recipe and it’s simply made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and your favorite marinara!
Crockpot Lasagna: Make tonight Italian night with this amazing crockpot lasagna! This lasagna is made with a flavorful meat sauce, a delicious cheese mixture, and is super easy to make. Make it for the family tonight or meal prep it for the week!
Kale Lasagna Roll-Ups: These Kale Lasagna Roll-Ups are a delicious vegetarian alternative to a traditional lasagna. Perfect for serving a large group or meal prepping ahead of time to feed the family.
Caprese Chicken Pasta: Healthy pasta lovers, this one’s for you! A Caprese Chicken Pasta that packs 51g of protein per serving and all those delicious Caprese flavors you love. Plus, it’s perfect for meal prep!
Chicken Ceasar Salad
Caesar Salad Dressing
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 8-10 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons any kind
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups sliced cucumber sliced into half-moons
- 1 – 1.5- lbs. cooked chicken breast sliced or diced
- ½ cup caesar dressing
Caesar Salad Dressing
- First, make our Caesar Salad Dressing by following the instructions HERE.
Chicken Caesar Salad
- Place romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, and sliced cucumber to a large salad bowl and toss ingredients together.
- Top the salad with chicken breast and drizzle with dressing.
- Toss the salad again and serve.
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.