These Ranch Roasted Potatoes are flavor-packed and deliciously crispy! Whip up a batch for the most flavorful side dish.
Easy Ranch Roasted Potatoes
This recipe could not be easier! We love roasting red potatoes because they crisp up perfectly in the oven and have a delicious skin that softens when you cook them — aka no need to peel the skin!
Oh, and you’ll love the flavor that our homemade ranch seasoning adds to these deliciously crispy ranch roasted potatoes!
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
These ranch roasted potatoes are flavor-packed with our famous homemade ranch seasoning!
Ranch seasoning is typically made from a base of powdered buttermilk and dried spices such as parsley, dill, and chives. It’s tangy, savory — it’s quite delicious. Here’s what you’ll need for ours:
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Ranch
- dried buttermilk (AKA powdered buttermilk)
- dried parsley
- dried dill
- dried chives
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
WHERE CAN I FIND DRIED BUTTERMILK?
Dried buttermilk can be found at most grocery stores. If you’d like to buy it online, we recommend the brand SACO Pantry.
Making a Large Batch of Ranch Seasoning
It’s a great idea to whip up a large batch of this homemade ranch seasoning! Store your homemade ranch seasoning mix in a sealed jar in a cool, dark place. Will last up to 6 months.
We love using our homemade ranch seasoning with any of these recipes:
- Herby Ranch Roasted Chicken Breast
- Ranch Popcorn Snack Mix
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole (via The Cheese Knees)
How to Make Ranch Roasted Potatoes
Making these ranch roasted potatoes is as easy as 1-2-3 (and 4 if you count enjoying them at your next meal!):
Preheat & Prep Potatoes
First, preheat your oven to 425ºF.
And then, prepare your red potatoes by running them under cold water and then patting them dry, making sure to remove all dirt. Use a sharp knife to slice them long ways in half and then in half again to quarter them.
Flavor & Toss Potatoes
Then, place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil. Toss to completely coat each potato. Having enough oil is crucial in the crisping process!
Then, sprinkle on ranch seasoning and toss again. Your potatoes should be fully covered. As best as possible, try to move potatoes around on the pan so that they do not touch one another — this will ensure each one gets as crispy as possible.
Time to Roast
Roast your potatoes at 425ºF for 15 minutes. Then, remove and toss potatoes. Roast again for an additional 15 minutes to crispy perfection.
Looking for the perfect recipe pairings to serve these taters with? Scroll on down for some of our faves 😀
What to Serve with Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes make for a delicious and filling healthy side dish! We recommend pairing them with a protein, such as steak, and a non-starchy vegetable, such as asparagus. Here are a few of our faves:
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- First, preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Then, prepare red potatoes by running them under cold water and then patting them dry. Use a sharp knife to slice them long ways in half and then in half again to quarter them.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil. Toss to completely coat each potato.
- Then, sprinkle on the ranch seasoning and toss again. Potatoes should be fully covered. As best as possible, try to move potatoes around on the pan so that they do not touch one another. This will ensure each one gets as crispy as possible.
- Roast potatoes at 425ºF for 15 minutes. Then, remove and toss potatoes. Roast again for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve as a side or with your favorite dipping sauces!