This Buffalo Chicken Mason Jar Salad recipe is great on the go or meal prepped for the week’s lunches. With the dressing on the bottom, your mason jar salad ingredients stay oh so fresh until you’re ready to eat. Lunch is served!
Buffalo Chicken Mason Jar Salad
We love mason jar salads! Not only are they great for meal prep and lunches on the go, they’re also oh so pretty. In addition to this buffalo chicken salad recipe, we’ve got a delicious Spring Cobb Salad with Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette and this Tex Mex Quinoa and Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing Salad to choose from.
By simply pouring the dressing as the bottom layer in your mason jar and keeping your lettuce of choice as the top layer, this buffalo chicken mason jar salad will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. So, feel free to double or triple this recipe if you’re meal prepping lunches for the whole fam for the week.
This buffalo chicken mason jar salad packs some nutritious veggies, including:
- Romain lettuce
And combined with diced buffalo chicken tossed with Frank’s Hot Sauce, this mason jar salad can’t be beat. Oh, and did we mention the Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing? #drooling
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
With just a few basic ingredients you can whip up the most delicious Greek yogurt blue cheese salad dressing for this buffalo chicken mason jar salad. That’s right, this is a Greek yogurt-based salad dressing, so we’re ditching the mayo and sour cream for a dairy that’s packed with protein. Don’t worry, you’re still going to get that tanginess from the apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Here’s what you need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Black Pepper
Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes
Looking for more healthy salad dressing recipes? Look no further:
- Homemade Poppyseed Dressing
- All Purpose Creamy Green Goddess Dressing
- How to Make Homemade Healthy Ranch
- Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
More Chicken Salad Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (if cooking chicken on the stove top)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 8 tablespoons Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing (RECIPE HERE)
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Prepare chicken breast in the sous vide, Instant Pot or on the stove top. Cook chicken breast on the stove top by heating a large skillet pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, cook the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Chop chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and toss with Franks Hot Sauce and set aside.
- Next, place two tablespoons of greek yogurt Blue Dressing into the bottom of four mason jars.
- Then, evenly distribute chopped veggies, chicken, and romaine lettuce (in that order) into the jar. Cover and place in the refrigerator to eat later or cover and shake to eat immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 229 Sugar: 2 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 2 Protein: 24
Keywords: mason jar salad