The very Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing you’ll ever have! Simple yet oh so flavorful, this ain’t no basic balsamic dressing. Made with real ingredients, and the perfect companion to any salad. Make this dressing today!
Hello, salad lovers! We’re here to tell you: non-creamy salad dressings don’t have to suck! This balsamic vinaigrette dressing is flavorful, savory and the perfect way to dress up a salad without adding the calories of traditional creamy dressings. And it takes just a few ingredients that you likely already have on hand (8 ingredients total!) and a few minutes to make (X minutes to be exact!). You’ll be on your way to living out your salad dreams before you know it. Let’s get into it:
How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Step 1: Dice red onion and mince garlic.
Step 2: Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Then, add olive oil.
Step 3: When your olive oil is fragrant, add the diced red onion and minced garlic. Let sauté in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Turn heat to low heat and let your olive oil, garlic and onion mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes uncovered. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
Step 5: Add your simmered down olive oil, garlic and onion mixture + balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice and salt to taste into a mason jar, close tightly, and shake until all ingredients are combined.
Step 6: Enjoy! Or keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for later (will keep for 3-5 days).
Pantry Staples to Make Your Own Dressing
We like to keep a few pantry staples on hand at all times just in case the homemade dressing mood strikes. They are:
Now all you’ll need is a salad to pair with this delicious balsamic dressing you’ve whipped up. Here are some ideas to get you inspired 😀
Salads on Fit Foodie Finds
- Best Kale Salad Recipes
- Massaged Kale and Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Grilled Kale and Watermelon Salad
- Pomegranate and Pear Kale Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Farro and Goat Cheese
- Harvest Blackberry and Butternut squash Massage Kale Salad
- Spring Citrus Kale Salad
- Crunchy Asian Kale Salad
- Superfood Detox Salad
- Winter Pomegranate Salad
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
Other Salad Dressings on Fit Foodie Finds
- All-Purpose Green Goddess Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant add onion and garlic. Let sauté in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low heat and let olive oil, garlic, and onion simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes. Then remove from heat and let cool.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar, close tightly, and shake until all ingredients are combined.
Tips & Notes
Dressing keeps refrigerated in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 106 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 52 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Keywords: balsamic dressing