The superfood salad of all superfood salads is here! Packed with shaved brussels sprouts, kale, blueberries, and nuts and seeds with a ginger turmeric dressing, this Superfood Detox Salad will please a crowd. Make this Superfood Detox Salad today!
Delicious Superfood Salad
A superfood salad does NOT have to taste like soil, I repeat, no soil-y salads over here! — anybody out there relate to this?! I’m a huge fan of fresh greens — even the super hearty ones — but there are so many superfood salads out there (even some that we’ve had at restaurants eeeek!) that taste like straight up dirt in your mouth.
This superfood detox salad, on the other hand, is a delicious punch of flavor in your mouth with a super yummy homemade dressing and all the superfood greens (+ a few superfood fruits!) your body loves. And did we mention it’s super easy to whip up? Let’s get into it:
How to Make a Superfood Detox Salad
There are many great superfood fruits and veggies that pair well together for a salad, but for this superfood detox salad we’re using some of our favorite (and especially nutrient-dense) superfoods that combine together for the great detoxing qualities your body loves. Plus, it’s oh so easy to make:
Gather up all your veggies! You’ll need:
- 16 oz of a shredded brussels sprout slaw mix (we’ll get into this in a bit!)
- Red onion
Grab your fruits!
- Green apple
Add in your healthy nuts, seeds, and grains!
- Slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
Finish up with your healthy homemade dressing (we’ll get into this too below!) and mix it all together for the most scrumptious and healthy superfood detox salad you’ve ever had. #yahwelcome
Shredded Brussel Sprout Slaw
We love using bagged slaw mixes for salads like this (our fave is the Trader Joe’s Brussels Sprout Slaw Mix), but feel free to prepare your own slaw if you prefer. The mix we used contains brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli slaw and cabbage, but feel free to get creative with whatever veggies you have on hand or which ever brussels sprout slaw mix your grocery store has.
How to Make Detox Salad Dressing
Although this dressing looks like it packs a long list of ingredients, we’re betting you have most of them on hand in your own kitchen already. You’ll need:
- Grapeseed oil (or olive oil, if you prefer that!)
- Fresh grated ginger
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh chopped basil
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Ground turmeric
- Salt and cayenne to taste (with a little more cayenne if you like a little kick!)
To prepare this detox salad dressing, simply place all your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid and shake until fully combined. If you don’t have a mason jar with a tight lid, feel free to mix this dressing up in a bowl with a whisk.
And speaking of homemade dressings, we’ve got a variety of great dressing recipes here on Fit Foodie Finds. Check out 42 of our faves!
Recipe Pairing Ideas
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Maple Ginger Baked Salmon
- 38 Vegan Pasta Recipes
- 18 Sous Vide Chicken Breast Recipes
More Salad Recipes
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Healthy Baked Potato Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- 5 Healthy Spring Salads
- Best Kale Salad Recipes
- 4 Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
Superfood Detox Salad
For the Salad
- 16 oz. shredded brussels sprout slaw mix
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 medium green apple diced into matchsticks
- ½ medium red onion minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Place all of the ingredients for the salad into a large salad bowl. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Next, prepare the salad dressing by placing all ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar. Cover the mason jar and shake until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss until everything is fully coated.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: Will last in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Nutrition information is for 10 servings.
- This recipe was updated on 3/31/2019