These Vegan Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats will have you eating dessert for breakfast while getting a serving of whole grains and tons of protein at the same time.
Prepare this overnight oats recipe the night before and you have an easy breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
Calling all overnight oats lovers! You’re in the right place :D From peanut butter overnight oats to lemon cheesecake overnight oats to chocolate chai overnight oats, the love for all things OO is the real deal here at Fit Foodie Finds.
Apple Season = Best Season
How da heck is it late-July already?! Minnesota is an apple state, so I’ve started seeing signs for apple orchards pop up everywhere. I feel like the only things we grow in Minnesota are corn, soy, root vegetables, and APPLES. Not much can withstand our winters, which makes our climate perfect for apples!
Obviously, we had to come up with an overnight oats recipe to satisfy our fall-is-coming apple cravings! This vegan overnight oats recipe calls for shredded apples. I’ve made a similar recipe before with chunks of apples and shredded is so much better! You get a little bit of apple in every single bite and it’s just perfect. Here’s what else you need:
Overnight Oats Ingredients
- Rolled oats
- Orange juice
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Ground flax seed
Make this Recipe Your Own!
If you’ve got a favorite apple variation…use that! Options are endless. My personal favorite is the honey crisp apple because it’s that perfect combo of sweet and tart.
As you can see, this recipe is very similar to our basic vegan overnight oats recipe, but we used ground flax instead of chia seeds. If you’d like a little bit more protein in your oats, you can always add some Greek yogurt (which would not be vegan, but still delish!) or even a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Check out our vegan protein powder recommendations HERE.
Overnight Oats Tips
Here are some tips and tricks that we always keep in our back pocket to help make the best tasting overnight oats ever:
- Feel free to double or triple any overnight oats recipe on FFF.
- Option to swap out any milk or liquid you prefer.
- Quick cooking oats work just as well as rolled oats. However, I prefer the texture of rolled oats.
- Add more protein to your overnight oats with a scoop of protein powder.
- As long as there is no fresh fruit in the recipe, overnight oats will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days.
- Separate your overnight oats into single-serve jars or meal-prep containers for a grab-and-go option all week long!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
These Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats will have you eating dessert for breakfast while getting a serving of whole grains and tons of protein at the same time. Prepare this overnight oats recipe the night before and you have an easy breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded apple (~1 medium apple)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- First, add shredded apples and orange juice to a medium-sized mixing bowl or meal-prep container. Mix well and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- When all ingredients are combined, place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and top with your favorite overnight oat toppings!
- Option to double or triple this recipe.
- Will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 138
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 7