Unlock the secret to the perfect fall breakfast with our apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe. In just five minutes of prep time the night before, you’ll combine oats, apple chunks, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, then let the fridge do the work.
Become a chicken pro and subscribe to our emails now!
I seriously love waking up to a creamy, flavorful bowl of overnight oats that is both nutritious and delicious. This apple cinnamon overnight oats variation is one of my favorite flavors to date!
With a quick 5-minute prep the night before, you’ll mix oats, juicy shredded apples, and a dash of cinnamon—then let your fridge handle the rest.
What’s in this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe?
- Rolled Oats: The base of your creamy breakfast.
- Fresh Apple Chunks: For that crisp, fruity bite.
- Cinnamon: A dash for warmth and flavor.
- Chia Seeds: For a fiber and omega-3 boost.
- Almond Milk: Or any milk of your choice.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Your natural sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash for added aroma.
Variations and Substitutions
- Apple Sauce: use apple sauce instead of shredded apple.
- Spices: Nutmeg or allspice can join the cinnamon.
- Milk: Dairy, oat, or soy milk can be used.
- Sweeteners: agave, honey, and maple syrup work!
amp up the protein!
If you’d like a little bit more protein in your oats, you can always add some Greek yogurt (which would not be vegan, but still delish!) or even a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Check out our protein powder recommendations HERE.
How to Store Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Store your overnight oats in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can store it in one large container or in separate, single-serve containers for an easy on-the-go variation.
- Toppings: Add nuts, more fresh apple, or a dollop of yogurt.
- Warm It Up: A quick zap in the microwave if you prefer it warm.
- On-the-Go: Transfer to a mason jar for a portable breakfast.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Add all of the ingredients into a large storage container. Mix to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and top with your favorite overnight oat toppings!
Tips & Notes
- Option to double or triple this recipe.
- Will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days.