With mashed bananas and Greek yogurt, these Creamy Banana Overnight Oats are the perfect start to the day! Make a batch of these overnight oats today, and enjoy for breakfast all week long. This healthy overnight oats recipe is calling your name!
How to Make Overnight Oats
We’re BIG fans of overnight oats here at Fit Foodie Finds, and have lots of great overnight oats recipes on our site, but if this is your first time making an overnight oats recipe, have no fear! This is easy peasy, and you’ll be eating the most delicious creamy banana overnight oats in no time. Let’s get into it:
Step 1: Mash Bananas
Overripe bananas are easiest to mash, but if you don’t have any on hand, ripe bananas will also work. If you have overripe bananas stored in your freezer (or even better if you have sliced frozen nanners in your freezer!), place them on a plate and defrost in the microwave until they’re soft enough to mash. Grab a medium-sized Tupperware or bowl with a lid and mash your bananas in it. You’ll be using this bowl to store your overnight oats in the fridge, so make sure there’s enough space for all the ingredients. Plus, then you don’t have to wash multiple dishes!
Step 2: Mix it Up!
Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl with the mashed bananas, including:
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
Give the whole thing a big stir until all the ingredients are combined, and cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. This will give the oats and chia seeds enough time to perfectly soften into the best overnight oats you’ve ever had.
Step 3: Top and Enjoy!
This recipe serves 6, so it can easily be halved or doubled depending on how many you’re meal prepping for. Separate into meal prep containers or Mason jars to enjoy on the go, and you’re on your way to a delicious and nutritious start to the day.
Feel free to top with your favorite overnight oats toppings, or whatever you have on-hand. We love using:
- Sliced bananas
- Sliced berries
- Sliced apples
- Nut butters
- Dried fruit
- Diced nuts
Overnight Oats Pantry Staples
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are not only a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3’s, but they help thicken your overnight oats and make them extremely creamy and satisfying.
- Vanilla extract: You can’t go wrong with vanilla. We almost always add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to all overnight oatmeal recipes!
- Maple syrup or honey: All-natural sweeteners are key when it comes to overnight oats. Ditch the table sugar or brown sugar for something more natural like maple syrup or honey.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
- 8 Ways to Eat Overnight Oats
- Maple French Toast Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- Moose Tracks Overnight Oats
- Neapolitan Overnight Oats
Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Mash bananas in a medium sized Tupperware and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.