Shredded chicken is such a great meal-prep staple. We often cook and then shred enough chicken for the week’s lunches and then season and pair them with something different each day. Think shredded BBQ chicken + sautéed broccoli + rice; shredded curry chicken + sautéed pea pods + quinoa; shredded chicken with fajita seasoning + sautéed peppers and onions + avocado + a tortilla! You get the drill. And now that we’re able to make Instant Pot shredded chicken, it’s a real game changer. Ready in under 15 minutes (including the shredding), and truly a one-pot endeavor. We place the raw chicken right in the Instant Pot before seasoning with salt and pepper, and then shred the cooked chicken in the Instant Pot before serving any way you like.
Instant Pot chicken breast couldn’t be easier and more convenient. The trick was figuring out a perfect cook time and we’ve done it. Check out all of our tips for shredded chicken breast recipes in the Instant Pot (as well as some of our most favorite Instant Pot recipes!) below!
Tips for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Make sure chicken is completely thawed before placing it in the Instant Pot.
- Feel free to add your favorite dried spices to the chicken before you cook it!
- Make sure the pressure gauge is turned to ‘seal’.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred it IN the Instant Pot and add your favorite sauce.
Fit Foodie Finds Best Instant Pot Recipes
It’s really hard to choose a favorite Instant Pot Recipe, but here are a few we love:
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 10 Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Protein Instant Pot Mac and Cheese in 5 Minutes
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowl Recipe
- How to Make Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
Our Favorite Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Recipes
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet (GET ONE NOW, my friends!) and want to make shredded chicken tonight? Here are some of our favorite healthy crock pot recipes to tide you over :)
- How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Tacos
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Recipe
How to Make Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
Wondering how to make shredded chicken in the Instant Pot? Look no further! This easy shredded chicken in the Instant Pot recipe is ready in only 8 minutes, and will easily become a meal-prep staple in your home. Season with your favorite spices or sauce and you’ll be on your way to an easy and delicious meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place olive oil on the bottom of your Instant Pot before adding chicken breasts to the Instant Pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Close Instant Pot and make sure the pressure gauge is turned to ‘seal’. Set pressure to manual, high pressure and set the timer for 8 minutes. Pressure will build and then the timer will start.
- When the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot by turning pressure gauge to ‘vent’. When pressure releases shred chicken breast in the Instant Pot and serve any way you like.
- If Instant Pot flashes the word ‘burn,’ quick release, add a tablespoon of water, and reset it. The reason your Instant Pot is probably flashing the word burn is because it needs more moisture. Read more about it HERE.
- This recipe is for 2-3 medium-sized chicken breasts, not one massive 1 lb. chicken breast. Cook time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts. The larger the breast, the longer it will take to cook.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 22