Greek yogurt chicken salad is a healthy twist on a classic lunch recipe. Make this chicken salad recipe with Greek yogurt, apple celery, dried cranberries, and shredded chicken!
In my opinion, classic chicken salad isn’t classic chicken salad without the chicken, apples, dried cranberries, and celery! Today, we’re turning a popular mayo-based chicken salad recipe into a healthy, protein-packed lunch recipe that you will love.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
You can’t go wrong with a chicken salad that’s made with fresh ingredients and an amazing healthy sauce that has nothing bad about it! We love making a Greek yogurt-based sauce for our chicken salad because it increases the protein and tastes good! Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt – feel free to use nonfat, 1%, 2%, or full-fat! You can even use normal yogurt, just make sure it’s plain.
- Lemon juice – this will give your chicken salad a bit of a zing and help give it that traditional mayo flavor.
- Honey – you can always omit this or swap it out for maple syrup instead!
- Garlic powder – feel free to add more garlic depending on your tastebuds.
- Salt and pepper – salt and pepper to taste, as always!
Once you’ve got your sauce figured out it’s time to assemble the rest of your ingredients. First things first, let’s talk shredded chicken! There are many ways to make shredded chicken and we prefer to do this in the slow cooker or Instant Pot. This recipe calls for 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, so just make sure you have things fully cooked and shredded before you get going with the rest of the recipe.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Shredded chicken
- Green apple
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
Greek yogurt chicken salad is such a great meal prep lunch idea. You can put it in a mason jar and eat just that or you can pack it in a meal prep container with more veggies, chips, etc. Here are some serving suggestions.
- On a piece of toast
- In a tortilla with lettuce
- With chips or crackers
- In a piece of ice burg lettuce (low carb option!)
We suggest storing your chicken salad in a glass meal prep container in the refrigerator. This should last you anywhere from 3-5 days. Note that you can always double or triple this recipe if you are looking to feed a crowd becuase it’s a great thing to bring to a work funciton, picnic, or party!
More Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Recipes
- 4 Healthy Chicken Salads
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad Bento Box Ideas
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 large green apple finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 large celery stalks finely diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place shredded chicken, green apple, red onion, celery, and dried cranberries into a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Create the sauce by mixing together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add sauce to the shredded chicken mixture and mix until combined.