Are you ready for the easiest shredded chicken tacos recipe in town? All you need are 4 ingredients and a crockpot to get the most delicious crockpot shredded chicken tacos. Make them for a delicious meal prep chicken meal for the week. Everyone will love them.
It is no surprise that I am a taco girl. One thing you may not know is that I will take shredded chicken tacos over any other type of taco any day. I could also eat shredded chicken tacos in any form. Taco bowl? YEP. Tacos in a hard shell? Sure! Shredded chicken tacos in nacho form? You betcha.
The best part of this slow cooker chicken tacos recipe is that it is so easy to make. No seriously, it is one of the easiest recipes on FFF. Add chicken to crockpot, turn on crockpot, shred chicken, add ingredients, and eat. You can take this shredded chicken and add it to anything your little heart desires.
These crockpot chicken tacos have been one of my go-to meals forever and it is for good reason. Who doesn’t love a taco Tuesday? When I am having people over or need to feed my brother something he loves, these shredded chicken tacos are my first choice.
Ingredients for Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Chicken breast
- Black beans
Since this is your recipe, feel free to use your favorite salsa. That means it can be mild or spicy. I like to mix it up depending on what mood I’m in. If you tell me this is too spicy, it’s your own fault 😛 JK, but seriously. You get to measure the heat in this recipe which is amazing.
FFF Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken 4 Ways
- Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
- 5 Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- 4 4 oz. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your crock-pot and rub with minced garlic. Cover and turn to high for 2-3 hours or until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and salsa and black beans to crock pot. Mix and cover crock pot.
- Let salsa, chicken, and black beans cook for another 5 minutes. Serve in taco shells with your favorite taco fixings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 252 Sugar: 7 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 26 Protein: 31
Keywords: crockpot, slow cooker, shredded chicken tacos