Taco night has never been easier or more delicious than with these Easy Ground Beef Tacos that are seasoned with a simple (and clean ingredient!) homemade taco seasoning, and paired with your favorite toppings.
The Key to Perfect Tacos
The key to perfect tacos absolutely starts with the taco seasoning. And we’ve got the best taco seasoning right here on FFF for you 😀 It uses the combination of the following spices that you likely already have on hand in your spice cupboard:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Coarse sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Ground oregano
- Smoked paprika
This taco seasoning is mild as-is, but if you prefer a spicier mix, add more smoked paprika or red pepper flakes. If you like it hot-hot, add a bit of cayenne pepper to the mix. We promise you’ll never want to grab a pouch of store-bought taco seasoning again.
Toppings for Ground Beef Tacos
Now that you’ve got the perfectly seasoned ground beef ready to go for your tacos, let’s talk toppings! Feel free to make this recipe your own, and add your favorite taco toppings. You’ll find us serving our ground beef tacos with the following (depending on what we have on hand):
- Shredded cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Diced onion
- Diced tomato
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
How to Serve Ground Beef Tacos
No need to stick with the traditional hard or soft shell taco if you’re looking for a low carb or GF option instead! This ground beef taco meat is great in so many different ways, like:
In a soft shell: we love flour, corn and Siete’s cassava flour soft shells!
In a hard shell: Siete also makes a hard shell taco shell that we love. Otherwise, you’ll find us grabbing the traditional hard shell corn tortilla.
In a lettuce wrap: We love using romaine hearts or cabbage leaves for a delicious and low carb lettuce wrap taco!
As a salad: Who doesn’t love a taco salad?! Simply put all your taco toppings + the ground taco meat over a bed of lettuce, and you’re on your way to a delicious taco salad.
More Taco Recipes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- Begin by heating a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- When the pan is hot add ground beef. Using a wooden utensil, break the ground beef into small pieces. Let the beef cook for 3-5 minutes.
- When the beef begins to brown*, add taco seasoning, tomato paste, and water to the pan and mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and let the simmer for 5-7 minutes in order to thicken the sauce.
- Remove beef from heat and serve in a soft or hard taco shell.
Tips & Notes
- *Option to dump the beef grease before adding the taco seasoning. We prefer to keep the grease because it adds great flavor to the tacos.
- Nutrition information is for taco seasoned ground beef, and does not include taco toppings or taco shell.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 222 Sugar: 2 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 7 Protein: 19
Keywords: ground beef tacos