If churros batter were edible, it would be this recipe! Made with garbanzo beans, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and dates, this churro edible cookie dough dip is a healthy dessert or snack option for any day of the week.
Churros Edible Cookie Dough- YUM!
There is a little churros stand that we go to every year when we are in San Miguel de Allende visiting Cole’s family. They are some of the best churros I’ve ever had in my life. You go after you hit Andy’s taco cart and you wait in the long line of people anxiously awaiting the sweet crunchy goodness of a fresh out of the oven churro.
The (second) best part of the whole experience is that while you stand in line for your churro, you can watch the magic of how to make a churro. A churro machine poops out churro dough into hot oil and then the hot churro is rolled in sugar and a bit of cinnamon before it is carefully placed into a paper bag for your complete delight.
By god are those churros good. I wanted the churro taste without the grease-y goodness of a Mexican churro (we can save that for San Miguel) so we developed this delicious churro edible cookie dough!
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
First off, edible cookie dough has a base of garbanzo beans and you can mix up edible cookie dough, however, your heart desires! This churro edible cookie dough is sweetened with dates and a bit of coconut sugar!
- Garbanzo beans: garbanzo beans are high in fiber and protein. The perfect base for edible cookie dough.
- Nut butter: cashew, almond, and peanut butter make these edible cookie dough recipes extra creamy and flavorful. Oh, they also add healthy fats and protein!
- Sweetener: we prefer maple or coconut sugar when it comes to edible cookie dough, but you can always swap out for honey, agave, or any other sweetener you prefer!
- Spices: you can never have too many spices. Think vanilla extract, cinnamon, etc.!
- Add-ins: when in doubt, add your fav add-ins! Our favorites include mini chocolate chips, sea salt, dates, etc.!
Churros Edible Cookie Dough Dip
We chose the flavors of this Churros Edible Cookie Dough for obvious reasons. Churros are made up of dough and warm flavors, and we tried to mimic that in this edible cookie dough!
The coconut sugar gives this churros dip a sugary crunch that you just can’t beat and the garbanzo beans give the edible cookie dough the body it needs to keep you satisfied! Feel free to serve this churros edible cookie dough with any of the following accouterments;
- Apple slices
- Grahm crackers
- Fresh strawberries
- Nilla wafers
- By the spoonful 🙂
Edible Cookie Dough Recipes
- Brownie Batter Sea Salt Edible Cookie Dough Dip
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough Dip
- Healthy Edible Cookie Dough Dip 3 Ways
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping ever so often to scrape the sides. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with crackers, fruit, vegetables, or cookies and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- If cookie dough dip is too thick, add more water by the teaspoon.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 151 Sugar: 13 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 1 Protein: 5
Keywords: edible cookie dough dip