These Almond Joy Fat Bombs are a great alternative to a peanut butter cup. They are chocolatey, delicious, and made with coconut butter. Throw a batch of these coconut cups in the freezer for a healthy, allergen-free, meal-prep treat for the week!
Almond Joy Fat Bombs- Da BOMB
These Almond Joy Fat Bombs are actually made with coconut butter or “coconut manna” rather than a nut butter! We wanted to try and make a no-bake fat bomb that was made from something a little different and coconut butter just seemed like the right fit!
Coconut butter it’s allergen-free, keto-friendly, and vegan. I’m not going to lie. I had to actually google “Is a coconut a nut or a legume?” I discovered that a coconut can be a fruit, a nut, AND a seed. Who knew?!
We wanted to make sure that we had a variety of cups and fat bombs for everyone on FFF. Some of you cannot have peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter, so we decided to give coconut butter a try.
What is Coconut Butter?
If you’ve never heard of coconut butter or “coconut manna,” we can fill you in! Coconut butter, coconut manna, and raw pressed coconut are one in the same –> raw, dried coconut meat. That’s all it is! I have to warn you, we tested this fat bomb more than any other dessert! Coconut butter is great but can be a bit finicky and hard to work with sometimes. After testing this recipe with multiple brands of coconut butter, we prefer to use Nature’s Way raw coconut.
Is Cocout Butter Hard to Work with? When mixed with sugars such as honey or maple syrup or with ingredients of a different temperature, the coconut butter can seize up.
How to Make Almond Joy Fat Bombs
In order to make these Almond Joy Fat Bombs, you have to slowly melt the coconut butter. Like chocolate, you can quickly go from smooth coconut butter to burnt coconut butter. We tried to keep our coconut butter smooth at all times. However, we discovered that even if the coconut butter seized up a little bit when we mixed it with the maple syrup, it still worked! You can not tell the difference after you make your cups. The good news is that these Almond Joy Fat Bombs work either way.
Not only are these Almond Joy Fat Bombs made with coconut butter, but (obviously) they taste EXACTLY like an Almond Joy! It’s no joke. We did add an almond on top, but if you can’t have almonds, don’t add it! These coconut cups are absolutely delicious either way.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
Almond Joy Fat Bomb Ingredients
- Coconut Butter (raw coconut, coconut manna)
- Liquid Stevia
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Powder
Healthy Keto Recipes
Almond Joy Coconut Butter Cups
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Begin by melting coconut manna (coconut butter) in the microwave. Microwave for 15 seconds at a time and stir until drippy. Note that sometimes coconut butter can seize up, so be extra careful when melting. When it's drippy, it's ready to go and doesn't need to be heated anymore. Measure out 2/3 cup of melted coconut manna and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warmed maple syrup to the melted coconut manna and mix until combined. Adding warm syrup is key because the coconut manna will seize up if you add a cold temperature to it.
- Then, using a 1/2 tablespoon scooper, scoop a heaping 1/2 tablespoon into each of the 12 muffin cups. Use your spoon to smooth out so that they are even and then place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- While the first layer is freezing, make the chocolate layer. Mix together melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- Then, remove muffin tin from freezer and scoop a teaspoon of the chocolate layer on top of the coconut.
- Place a raw almond on top of each cup and then sprinkle on shredded coconut and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until firm.
Tips & Notes
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Coconut manna is tricky! Make sure that you work quickly and that when mixing other things with it, they are all about the same temperature. Our favorite brand of coconut manna is Nature's Way.
- Substitute the maple syrup with a 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia to make these cups keto-friendly!