Lunch never tasted so good! Make our Southwest Chicken Salad for a colorful, veggie-packed lunch/dinner idea to keep you full all week long.
This yummy southwest chicken salad recipe is made with a limey southwest Greek yogurt sauce that I know you will adore. Eat this salad on toast, in a bento box, or throw it in a mason jar to go!
SRSLY how good does this southwest chicken salad look? It’s creamy, packed with so many different veggies, loaded with protein, and the sauce is so. good.
Eat the Rainbow
Our classic Greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is similar in that it’s made with a lightened-up sauce, but this southwest chicken salad, specifically, is made with so many more veggies! It’s basically like you’re eating the rainbow! Here’s what you need:
- shredded chicken
- sweet corn
- black beans
- red onion
Greek Yogurt Sauce
Once you’ve got all of your main ingredients together, it’s time to create your sauce. Classic chicken salad is usually made with mayonnaise, but we decided to up the protein and lower the fat with Greek yogurt. With the addition of lime juice and spices, I promise you won’t miss the mayo! Here’s what you need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- Hot sauce
If you don’t love heat, feel free to swap the hot sauce for a little bit of apple cider vinegar. In addition, if you don’t have Greek yogurt, but you do have plain regular yogurt…you can totally use that too!
There are so many different ways that you can serve this creamy, delicious salad. Check out some of our favs!
- On toast: drizzle some olive oil on a piece of whole-grain toasted bread and then top it with this salad. Then, add sliced avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce to the top and you’re ready to rock!
- In a Jar: place a handful of romaine on the bottom of a mason jar. Then, top that with this southwestern chicken salad. Place the top on and take this lunch to-go!
- Bento Box: Turn this southwest chicken salad into a wrap and then serve it with your favorite chips and salsa served inside of a bento box!
- Solo: Grab a bowl and a fork and eat it as is. We suggest serving it with a fresh squeeze of lime juice and a half an avocado for #allthehealthyfats.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
- 4 Healthy Chicken Salads
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Simple Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vinegar-based hot sauce
- Place shredded chicken, sweet corn, black beans, red onion, fresh cilantro, and red pepper into a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Create the sauce by mixing together Greek yogurt, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and hot sauce.
- Add sauce to the shredded chicken mixture and mix until combined.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 254 Sugar: 12 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 28
Keywords: southwest chicken salad