Friends with an Instant Pot, it’s time to take 20 minutes to make this EPIC Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken recipe. This Instant Pot chicken thighs recipe is a great keto dinner recipes and is perfect for meal prep. If you are looking for an easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe, look no further. The flavor of this dish is out of this world!
This Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken recipe was one of our first attempts at using an Instant Pot for an FFF recipe and we finally nailed it.
I wanted these Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls to be a one-pot recipe. We tried cooking the sweet potatoes with the chicken. However, after we tried changing the time, the pressure, and even tried cutting the sweet potatoes differently. Every time we came up with the same result, mushy sweet potatoes.
Shredded Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Alas, we switched gears and decided we liked the flavor profile of this dish too much to change that up. To change things up we went from cooking the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot to roasting them in the oven. We also decided to shred the chicken.
The best part of this recipe is mixing the Instant Pot Shredded Chicken with the sauce at the bottom of the Instant Pot. UGH. We are now 100% in love with this recipe! We also know a lot of you out there are testing out the keto diet, so making the chicken and the sweet potatoes separate made this a great keto dinner recipes!
For those of you looking for healthy keto dinner recipes, this Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken is a great option. You will have to skip the sweet potatoes and the couscous, but the Moroccan Chicken itself is a keto recipes! Try replacing the sweet potatoes with broccoli and replace the couscous with cauliflower rice!
Questions About Keto Recipes
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet. You reduce your carbohydrate intake and replace those carbs with high-fat food items. Your body then goes into a metabolic state called ketosis. When in ketosis your body burns fat for energy.
Can you eat chicken on the Keto Diet?
Yes! Low carb is the focus of the keto diet. Add chicken to any keto recipes!
Can you eat olives on the keto diet?
Olives are a high fat, low carb fruit. Help yourself to olives or add them to any keto recipes. Olives make a great keto snack. Just be sure to double check that the olives are stored in a healthy liquid!
Can you eat couscous on the keto diet?
No, couscous is actually a small pasta shaped like a grain. It is not low carb. Try replacing couscous with cauliflower rice!
Can you eat sweet potatoes on the keto diet?
Now, sweet potatoes are a high carb food item. Try replacing sweet potatoes with broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or brussels sprouts!
Other FFF Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- 5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- 4 Ingredient CrockPot Chicken Tacos
- How to Make Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
VIDEO: Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken
Friends with an Instant Pot, it’s time to take 20 minutes to make this EPIC Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken recipe. This Instant Pot chicken thighs recipe is a great keto dinner and is perfect for meal prep. If you are looking for an easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe, look no further. The flavor of this dish is out of this world!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 lbs. chicken thighs (4–5 thighs)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 /3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Feta Cheese
- For the sweet potatoes, preheat oven to 400ºF. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, and chili powder. Mix well. Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- For the chicken, mix cumin, turmeric, ginger powder, garlic powder, chili, cayenne, and salt together. Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and pour spices over the thighs. Rub chicken with spices, making sure each thigh is coated in spices. Set aside.
- Next, open your Instant Pot and turn on the saute function. When your Instant Pot beeps, it is hot and ready to go. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the Instant Pot. When olive oil is fragrant, place chicken thighs skin down. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and remove from Instant Pot.
- Place the rest of the ingredients for the chicken into the Instant Pot. Mix well. Place Chicken on top of the mixture and seal your Instant Pot (make sure you seal the vent on the top). Set your timer for 10 minutes and press ‘Manual’ and ‘High Pressure’. When your Instant Pot builds up enough pressure, it will start to count down from 10.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare couscous by bringing 1 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add couscous to boiling water, and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff couscous with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients for couscous. Set aside.
- When your chicken is done, your Instant Pot will beep. It will automatically release pressure. You will hear the pin on the top of your Instant Pot ‘pop’ when all pressure has been released. This takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove Instant Pot cover when you are sure all pressure has been released. Remove chicken from Instant pot and use 2 forks to shred. Throw away skin and bones and then place the shredded chicken back in the instant pot and mix with all of those yummy juices.
- Serve chicken with sweet potatoes and couscous. Enjoy! Optionally top with feta cheese and pistachios.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 26
The first time I made this recipe when Lee was out of town and I was hanging out with The Healthy Maven crew. I had three taste testers that all agreed the flavor of this dish was RIGHT on, but the sweet potatoes were too dang mushy. Which was 100% true. So, on we went. When we test recipes at FFF we make sure to make it a couple times, knowing that all of you are counting on us. So, when a recipe isn’t quite right, we try and try until it’s perfect.