Make this winning chili cheese dip for the big game and your guests will gobble it up. It really is the best chili cheese dip recipe!
The Best Game Day App
Chili cheese dip really is the greatest game day appetizer of all time. It’s cheesy and eaten with a chip…need I say more?
- Serves a Crowd: This savory appetizer serves anywhere from 6-8. Need to serve more? This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to really serve a crowd.
- Made in less than 30 minutes: If you’re in a pinch to make an app for game day, this recipe takes just under a half-hour!
- Healthy!: Made with a handful of healthy swaps, you won’t feel an ounce of guilt noshing on this chili cheese dip recipe!
For this recipe, you’ll need a large skillet as well as a 9×9-inch baking dish. If you have a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, that works too. Plus, then you don’t have to use more than one dish!
- Ground turkey: the ground turkey in this recipe is light, savory, and really does the trick for adding a ton of protein!
- Pinto beans: chili isn’t chili without the beans…if you ask me! Gran a can of pinto or black beans and you’re good to go!
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is what makes this dip ultra creamy and the perfect dip to scoop up with a chip!
- Spices: The spices in chili cheese dip are very similar to classic chili spices. If you have our homemade blend on hand, feel free to swap out all of the spices for around 2 tablespoons of our mix!
- Cheese: Cheese on cheese on cheese! Don’t forget to top this recipe with all the shredded cheese. You won’t be disappointed!
Why Greek Yogurt?
Girl, we are all about cream cheese, but let me give you a little secret…Greek yogurt is pretty great itself! Greek yogurt is a great sub for cream cheese for a few reasons:
- Packs in the protein
- Less fat
- Creamy as can be!
Want to use cream cheese instead? Feel free to swap the Greek yogurt 1:1 with your favorite cream cheese!
Can I use a different meat?
Both ground beef and ground chicken will work the exact same with this recipe. Heck, I bet you could even use Beyond Meat’s impossible meat for this recipe!
How do I store leftover chili cheese dip?
Store your leftover chili cheese dip in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator.
How long does chili cheese dip last in the fridge?
Chili cheese dip will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
What are the best chips to use with chili cheese dip?
Any kind of tortilla chip is what we recommend.
More Dip Recipes
- Roasted Garlic Caramelized Onion Dip
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dips
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 7-Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip
Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey beef or chicken work too!
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4.5 oz. can of green chilis
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 oz. can pinto beans rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cups shredded Mexican cheddar cheese divided 1/3 and 1/3
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place olive oil on a large frying pan and heat over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the meat is fully browned.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and add green chiles, tomato paste, pinto beans, and spices. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese into the meat mixture and combine. If you want your dip to be a little bit runnier, feel free to add a few tablespoons of water and that should d the trick!
- Transfer into to a 9x9-inch oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dip begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve with veggies and chips. Enjoy!
14.5 oz can of green chiles? Not 4.5oz?
Ahh good catch!
This was extremelly delicious! 🤤 Thanks for sharing!
Oh, this is a very interesting article. I always like to ride a bike. Because of my hobby, I will keep this information on my sheet. But before that, I want to know about bitcoin. I have some doubt about bitcoin, I want to dispel it. By the way, I know the site https://casinosanalyzer.kr/slots-online/bitcoin. It is great for all the help related to the casino. But I want to clarify to you about bitcoin. I hope you will pay attention to this.
This was pretty good. It didn’t have as much flavor as I would have liked. May be adding some more spice to it if I make it again.
This dip is delicious! I only had kidney beans not pinto but still super yummy!
Super easy to make! This was a hit!
It was great!! It was a hit! Easy to make and with great ingrediants!!!
Delicious and easy to make!
This recipe was unfortunately disappointing- very dry and basically a baked chili. Not a dip as it did not have the consistency for a dip. And the flavor was not really there either, quite bland.
I made this recipe for a game night with friends and everyone LOVED it! I’d like to make it again, but the recipe is not being displayed for some reason. I can see the heading for the post, then the comments section, but the blog post and recipe are gone 😢 Is it me??
Hi! So sorry we were having issues the other. Hopefully, you were still able to make this after we got things fixed!
Another amazingly healthy delicious dish! Huge hit and honestly can’t believe how flavorful it is! Will be making again!
Delicious and simple to make. Love this recipe!
Looks like too muh cheese, but cheese is never engough 😀
Uff da, the packer talk is not my thing, but i love a good dip!
Go Pack Go!!! I definitely think I will make this for the game Sunday
🙂 🙂 GO PACKIEEE!!!!
Yum! The hubs and I LOVE chili cheese dip so I can’t wait to try this healthier version. Will let you know how it goes!
I’m also getting more into beer (because of my man’s love for it) but feel ya on staying away from all the hops…You should give Belgians a shot, I think you might like them! I’ve also been getting into gose-style beers that are similar to sours.
Interesting. Will have to order a Belgian the next time I’m out!
You have officially become my favorite blogger. Will be making this Sunday. GO PACK ?????
Well. You’ve lost a faithful reader today. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!!!
But really. I loooove the original version of this dish (I remember making it in my dorm room in a tiny toaster oven when the Bears were in the Super Bowl in 2007). I’ll definitely make the lightened up version this year!
LOL. Hey, my parents were born and raised in Chicago, so they are unfortunately Bears fans. In fact, you should see my dad’s ski outfit. LOLOLOL.
YUM…That is ALL! Have a beautiful weekend friend! XOXO