Spice up the game with these delicious game day appetizers! All of your favorite game day flavors now with a better-for-you twist. Bring on the healthy appetizers!
It’s All About the FOOD
Searching for the perfect delicious AND healthy appetizer to bring to the next game day get-together? WE GOT YOU. If you are in it for the actual game, I’m sure you like to nibble on delicious food while you watch!
You don’t have to settle for plain old bar food or frozen appetizers. You can have healthy food that is both healthy and will surely impress all of your guests!
Here are a couple of pointers for throwing the most perfect game day:
- Choose recipes that you are excited about!
- Once you know how many people you are providing food for, choose recipes that are perfect for a crowd! Dips are always great for the masses!
- If you are short on time, choose recipes that can be made (or semi made) ahead of time! Bake potato skins the day before or do all the chopping that needs to be done.
- Sometimes a charcuterie board is all you need to feed people at a game day bash! Check out our favorite charcuterie board here!
Now, choose from the dozens of our go-to healthy appetizers below that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Game day appetizers never tasted SO good! First up? WINGS.
Easy Wing Recipes
Chicken wings are an age-old game day recipe that has always been a favorite game day appetizer! Whether you are a saucy buffalo wing fan or a crunchy dry rub chicken wing lover, we’ve got a wing recipe for you!
Make any game day or fun family gathering extra tasty with these Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings. They’re rubbed with coconut sugar and garlic and tossed with tasty franks and honey. These wings are the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
More Healthy Wing Recipes
If there is one thing we do right on FFF it’s dip recipes! We love dipping tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, fruit, veggies, and everything in between in our dip recipes. Though we have many different dip recipes each one is healthy, flavorful, and usually protein packed!
Make yourself this AMAZING lightened-up, restaurant-style Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip for a nutrition-packed snack or appetizer year round! This spinach and artichoke dip will be a crowd-pleasing recipe you’ll want to make month after month.
More Healthy Dip Recipes
- Healthy Chili Cheese Dip
- Crock pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy 7-Layer Greek Yogurt Taco Dip
- Superfood Enchilada Dip
- Classic Guacamole
- Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Dip
- Guacamole Recipes
Did someone say MEATBALLS? Making a batch of meatballs the day before an event and put them in the refrigerator for an easy app the next day! Serve your meatballs on a skewer, a toothpick, or just use your fingers.
Here’s a tip–> Make a batch of meatballs and freeze them! All you have to do is let your meatballs cool, place them in a freezer-safe container, and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve them, let them thaw and bake them at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes and you’re ready!
Whether you are looking for a holiday appetizer, meal-prep for the week, or a game-day treat, these Healthy Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatballs are perfect for every occasion!
More Meatball Recipes
Nachos are a go-to recipe on game day for many people! The beauty is that you can bake everything on a baking sheet, bake it, and serve the nachos right on the baking sheet! It’s the perfect vehicle.
Another amazing thing about nachos is that you don’t have to serve them on tortilla chips, you can serve them on vegetables, too! Check out all of our delicious chip and veggie nacho recipes below.
These loaded chicken nachos are packed with protein, veggies, and I promise you the entire family will love it!
More Nacho Recipes
- Fajita “Nachos” with Avocado Crema
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Nachos
- One Pan Cauliflower Nachos
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Nachos
Forget the meat and make your guests a variety of veggie based appetizer recipes that will knock their socks off!
Got a head of cauliflower? Make these amazing healthy buffalo cauliflower wings with just a few simple ingredients for the big game. These healthy cauliflower wings are especially delicious dipped in a homemade healthy blue cheese dip.
More Vegetarian Appetizers
- Sweet Potato Tater Tots
- Garlic Roasted Kale Chips
- Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
- Vegan Queso
- Golden Roasted Cauliflower with Quinoa
When in doubt, wrap it in bacon! You can wrap any vegetable in bacon to make a statement on game day! Pop any of these bacon wrapped appetizers in the oven right before guests arrive and your house will smell of delicious bacon deliciousness!
It’s time to spice up your appetizers with these paleo-friendly bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers! All you need are a few ingredients and 30 minutes!
More Game Day Appetizers
Game Day App Idea: Beef Nachos Recipe
This beef nacho recipe is perfect for game day or can even be the great easy weeknight dinner for the family!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (Or, sub 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons water
NACHOS + TOPPINGS
- 6 servings tortilla chips (of choice)
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can beans (black or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese (or more)
- Greek yogurt
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- slice avocado
- First, prepare your ground beef by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet.
- Then, add ground beef and saute until fully cooked. Add taco seasoning and water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prepare nachos by lining a baking sheet with tin foil and preheating oven to 400ºF.
- Then add half of the chips and sprinkle on 1/2 of the toppings including the cooked meat. Then, do one more layer of chips and one more layer of toppings.
- Place baking sheet in the oven at 400ºF for 10 minutes or until cheese fully melts. Then, broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite optional toppings such as Greek yogurt, lime juice, avocado, and fresh cilantro
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 20
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 17