Make any game day or fun family gathering extra tasty with these Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings. They’re rubbed with coconut sugar and garlic and tossed with tasty franks and honey. These wings are the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
It’s time to get your CHICKEN WING ON. If you have followed @fitfoodiefinds or @linleyshands on Instagram you know that one of my favorite foods are CHICKEN WINGS. Yes, this is @linleyshands here ready to talk about all things chicken-wingy-wing-dings.
The scent of fall appetizers, snacks, and desserts have filled the air at Fit Foodie Finds HQ for the last couple months. We have been dreaming up healthy recipes for you to take to game-day parties, holiday gatherings, and everything in between. This is by far one of my favorite recipes this season. Not just because of my love for chicken wings, but because the you can have an easy and great tasting appetizer ready in about 30 minutes. It’s genius and you should all make them right MEOW.
We do love the classic buffalo chicken wing, but we wanted to try and add another layer of flavor into these tasty wings. First, we coated them in dry rub and baked them so they were tender and juicy. Next, we tossed them in the classic Franks Hot sauce with a touch of honey. It was a flavor explosion. This wing flavor really got our juices flowing. We ended up brain stormnig quite a few different wing spice combinations like….
- Cinnamon Chili Dry Rub with a Spice Maple Dipping Sauce
- Green Curry + Roasted Garlic with a Turmeric Yogurt Dip
- Sweet Teriyaki with with a Ginger Sesame Soy Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Dry Rub with a Tangy Ranch Dressing
Wings for days. How good do all these sound!? We want you to comment on this post (below) and tell us what flavor combo you want to see on FFF next! Now, get baking and shaking!
How to Make (Healthy) Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lbs. wingettes and drummies*
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut sugar, finely ground**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prep dry rub by stirring together garlic powder, coconut sugar, and salt into a small bowl.
- Place chicken wings into a gallon size bag, add dry rub, and tightly seal. Shake the chicken wings and dry rub until wings are coated.
- Place wings onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until caramelized).
- While wings are baking, stir together Frank’s and maple syrup and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Remove chicken wings from oven and toss them in the hot sauce mixture.
- Return wings to the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
*If you are unable to find wingettes and drummies, you will need to purchase full chicken wings and seperate them yourself.
**If your coconut sugar is not finely ground, you will need to place it in the food processor and process until finely ground.