Say hello to the best baked chicken wings around town! We crusted chicken wings in everything bagel seasoning and they are absolutely delicious! Make them for your next game day or when you are craving the perfect crispy chicken wing!
We also mixed up a delicious cream cheese + greek yogurt dip that pairs perfectly with these delectable wings. Scroll down for all the recipe details!
Dry Rub or Saucy Wings?
This is the age-old question when we’re talking about chicken wings. Do you like them so saucy that you need like eight napkins to get through the pile? Or do you like your wings with crispy skin with an amazing dry rub?
The good new is that you don’t have to choose, you can have both! We are obsessed with our baked buffalo chicken wings, but we have recently taken a deep dive into dry rub wings. I love dry rub wings that have a ton of flavor and crisp up perfectly in the oven.
These everything bagel crispy baked chicken wings are a dream come true! Raise your hand if you are obsessed with everything bagels? We are too. We are also obsessed with our homemade everything bagel seasoning and we dreamt this crispy chicken wing up when we were brainstorming delicious game day ideas!
Honestly, I have never loved a dry rub wing more than I do now.
Ingredients You Need
Get ready people, you only need 3 ingredients (not including the dip) to make these delectable wings.
- Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning (disclaimer: If you use a store-bought seasoning, your wings may turn out way too salty!)
- Chicken Wings
These wings are the perfect appetizer or game day appetizer that you can prep, bake, and have ready in an hour! If you have your favorite wing dipping sauce in mind, use that! Otherwise, we HIGHLY suggest making the cream cheese + greek yogurt dip to pair with these wings (I mean, you can’t beat the bagel and cream cheese combination).
Here is the Secret to Crispy Wings
When you are not frying a chicken wing, there are some tips and tricks to getting the chicken wings crispy. The seasoning alone will help the cause. Everything bagel seasoning is already pretty crunchy! However, here are some other great tips and tricks you can use to get those wings crispy!
Make sure they are dry. Whether you use thawed or frozen chicken wings, you should always remove access moisture from the wings with a paper towel. Remove access water from the wings will help to crisp the wings up!
Egg wash. Not only does an egg wash act as an adhesive for the spices to stay on the chicken wing, but the egg wash browns the skin and helps the skin crisp up in the oven!
Cover them in spices. I said it once, I’ll say it again! After you egg wash the wing, make sure the whole wing is covered in spices! The spices themselves turn into a crust in the oven!
Oil them up. Be sure to spray the baking sheet you are using with baking oil or olive oil. This will help crisp up the bottom of the wings! You also have the option to spray the wings right before putting them in the oven with cooking spray!
Everything Else You Must Know
How do I keep chicken wings warm and crispy?
When your wings are done baking, feel free to keep them in the oven on low heat until you are ready to serve them. If you want them to crisp up a bit more, try broiling them for 2-3 minutes!
What dry rub is best for chicken wings?
Obviously we are biased and think that our everything bagel seasoning is the perfect dry rub for these wings! However, any of the dry rubs below would be amazing on chicken wings, too!
What is the best dip for chicken wings?
The greek yogurt + cream cheese dip we whipped up for these wings is seriously amazing, but if you prefer another wing ding dip, here are some other great options!
How do I reheat chicken wings?
To reheat these wings, set your oven to 325ºF and bake the wings for 15-20 minutes. If you would like to crisp them up a bit more, broil them for 2-3 minutes after you warm them up!
More Wing Recipes
Everything Bagel Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- 2.5-3 lb. chicken wings
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup homemade everything bagel seasoning*
Greek Yogurt + Cream Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 4 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Franks hot sauce or any kind
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400ºF and spraying a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken wings from the refrigerator and blot the wings with a paper towel to remove access moisture from the wings. Removing moisture from the wings will help the wings crisp up in the oven.
- Next, whisk two large eggs in a medium bowl and pour the everything bagel seasoning into a separate medium bowl.
- Prepare the chicken wings by dipping a chicken wing into the egg mixture, letting access egg drip from the chicken wing, and then roll the chicken wing into the everything bagel seasoning. Be sure the whole wing is covered in seasoning and then place the wing on the baking sheet. Repeat until all wings are covered in seasoning.
- Bake chicken wings for 45-55 minutes (time varies on the size of wings), flipping every 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken wings are baking, prepare the dip by mixing the greek yogurt, cream cheese, and franks together in a small bowl. Be sure the cream cheese is room temperature or it won't mix well! Set aside.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and serve with the dip.
Tips & Notes
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: we have not tested this with store-bought Everything Bagel Seasoning, but did get feedback it is much too salty. So, please make our homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning if you're going to make these!
- *Nutrition Information excludes the greek yogurt dip.
This is 5 stars straight up AMAZING! Seriously so delicious. I made the everything bagel seasoning and did exactly what the recipe called for. I flipped them once about halfway through 45 minutes in the oven and OMG they were amazing! The meat fell right off the bone. I will definitely make them again.
Okay, now I’m craving these!!!
You are evil geniuses for this one. What? Everything bagels but on a CHICKEN WANG!? COME OOOOON
This has become a go-to chicken recipe. It’s so good, simple to make and a crowd pleaser.
We love this recipe, too!
I retract my question. Will be making these asap
A 1/8 of what quantity? Is that just for the dip or the entire dish?