Looking for a healthy, vegan and paleo snack made in no time? Look no further. Not only are these Garlic Roasted Kale Chips gorgeous, they are jam-packed with nutrients and flavor! These baked kale chips are seasoned with salt and garlic and roasted to the perfect crunch.
Can we just have a moment of silence to recognize the gorgeousness of these purple and white kale chips?
But, really. Linley and I went to Lunds & Byerlys (one of our favorite local grocery store chains here in The Twin Cities) for some specialty items we needed for some other recipes we were testing that day. We were in the produce section and we instantly gravitated toward the purple and white kale. Kale kale kale. Have you ever seen more beautiful kale? I didn’t think so.
It was love at first site.
Lin and I love getting inspired by seasonal produce at the store. Yah never know when the purple and white kale are gonna show up. But when it does- ALWAYS BUY IT.
I know you’ve probably had enough of about the kale, but I’m not quite done. #sorrnotsorry
This kale is not only beautiful, but it made damn roasted good kale chips! I never thought I’d say this, but I may just prefer baked kale chips over popcorn (say whaaaaat)?!
It seriously tastes like popcorn, but better. Aaaaaaaaand you get the nutritional benefits of kale without really realizing you are eating something healthy. Lin and I pounded 2 heads of kale that day. DESTROYED. We just couldn’t stop eating these perfectly seasoned and salty roasted kale chips until they were ALL GONE. Plus- day old kale chips are kind of gross.
While I hope you find multi-colored kale next time you go to the grocery store for ingredients, normal green kale will also do the trick!
Garlic Roasted Kale Chips
- 4 cups chopped kale
- drizzle or spray with olive oil cooking spray 1 tablespoon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- First, de-stalk the kale and break into bite-sized pieces. Then, drizzle on about a tablespoon of olive oil and toss so that kale is equally coated on both sides. Olive oil cooking spray works too and is easier in my opinion!
- Season with garlic powder and sea salt.
- Bake at 350º for 6 minutes. Take out and flip. Bake for an additional 6 minutes or until crunchy.