Make these Blueberry Overnight Oats so that you can have breakfast ready to go tomorrow morning! All the same flavors of a blueberry muffin but 100% better for you!
The Best Overnight Oats!
Just when you thought we couldn’t come up with another overnight oat recipe this one slaps yah right in the face. These blueberry overnight oats are so delicious I’d bathe in them. Seriously- I bet this stuff would be a great exfoliant. NOTEVENJOKING.
I have been a sucker for fresh blueberries lately. It’s been my favorite berry for the past few months…even over strawberries! I top my yogurt with them, I bake them in muffins, I even eat them plain, straight out of the carton.
Blueberries are the star of this overnight oats with Greek yogurt recipe. They are mashed right Into the oats and mixed with creamy Greek yogurt, chia seeds, honey, almond milk, and a little lemon zest to make them taste exactly like a blueberry muffin!
What You Need
This blueberry overnight oats recipe with almond milk is super easy to make, is refined sugar-free, and uses real ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Rolled Oats – AKA old fashioned oatmeal (quick-cooking oats work too!)
- Almond Milk – almond milk is lower in calories, but any milk works. Try our homemade almond milk recipe!
- Fresh Blueberries – The true star of the show! If you can’t find fresh blueberries, frozen blueberries work too.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt not only adds protein to this recipe, but also makes it thick, creamy, and dessert-like. Feel free to use plain, vanilla, or even blueberry flavored.
- Honey – honey is an all-natural sweetener that adds a beautiful flavor to this blueberry overnight oats recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – you can never go wrong with a splash of vanilla!
- Chia Seeds – chia seeds are packed with healthy fats. Almost all of our overnight oats recipes call for chia seeds because they really beef up your oatmeal in the best way. Once they soal in liquid, they expand, making your overnight oats much more voluminous.
- Lemon Zest – do not skip this part. I repeat, make your blueberry overnight oats with lemon zest!
How to Make Blueberry Overnight Oats Vegan
Want to make this overnight oats recipe 100% plant-based? Here are a few ingredient swaps to help you do so.
Yogurt – if you’re looking for overnight oats without yogurt, you’ve come to the wrong place. When in doubt, swap the Greek yogurt for a plant-based yogurt. The yogurt really helps make this recipe ultra-creamy and filling.
Honey – a few easy swaps for honey are maple syrup and agave nectar, both plant based.
Almond Milk – while almond milk is already vega, feel free to use any kind of milk such as soy or oat milk! PS: try our homemade oat milk here.
More Swaps for Blueberry Overnight Oats
Berries – if you don’t have fresh or frozen blueberries, you can use any kind of berry. Try strawberries, raspberries, or even triple berries!
Oats – don’t have old fashioned oats? Use quick-cooking instead. You can even modify this recipe to be more similar to our overnight steel cut oats and use quick-cooking steel-cut oatmeal, too.
Can I make a double batch?
Overnight oats are so easy to double or triple. Feel free to make as much of this recipe as you wish. Check out our recipe card for an easy x2 or x3 on the righthand side.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
If you use certified gluten-free rolled oats, this recipe is gluten-free!
How to add more protein to Blueberry Overnight Oats
Hoping to add more protein to this recipe? The best and quickest way to do so is to use protein powder. We suggest about 1 tablespoon per serving so that it doesn’t get too chalky.
here’s a tip
Check out our Guide to the Best Protein Powder to find one that’s right for you.
Store overnight oats in an airtight container such as a glass meal-prep container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Should I eat this recipe cold?
Most people eat their overnight oats cold and that’s how we recommend eating these. Once the blueberry overnight oats soak overnight, the oatmeal will become chewy and delicious, making them very easy to digest.
Can I heat up my overnight oats?
You can totally heat your overnight oats up in the morning if you wish. We recommend around 60 seconds in the microwave.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries mashed with a fork
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest +more for topping!
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt plain works too!
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- First, mash 1/2 cup blueberries in a large bowl. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix again.
- Transfer to a container and cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or, for best results, overnight. Serve cold.
- Option to add a splash of almond milk before serving or eat thick and creamy. Top with granola, lemon zest, and fresh blueberries.
Tips & Notes
- Option to double tor triple this recipe.
- Storage: recipe should last in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- Depending on how thick you like your overnight oats, you may add a splash of almond milk before serving.
- Nutrition information is without toppings.
What measurements do I need to reduce this to only one serving? I’m so excited to try it!
Is the Nutritional info size for 1 to 2 pers or for 1/2 the recipe ? …sorry for the silly question …delicious recipe by the way
This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. Recipe is good for health
Wow, thank you so much!
This looks absolutely delicious! Thank you for giving very clear instructions. I will try this out. Thank you for sharing!
The lemon zest is an absolute game changer. Love this recipe and will be meal prepping it weekly!
Can steel-cut oats be used instead? I’m new to oatmeal!! Thanks!!
Hi! Unfortunately, you can not swap the rolled oats for steel-cut. Feel free to try quick-cooking, though!
One of my favorite go to recipes! I make it at least once a week to help on crazy busy mornings!
I LOVE THESE OVERNIGHT OATS. I triple the recipe for my husband and me to eat throughout the week. It’s so simple but over the top delicious. SO good, SO perfect, SO easy, SO yummy, SO healthy. Do yourself a favor and make these oats!
Seriously one of my all-time fav recipes EVER!
hey a new recipe to try thanks carol & lisa
Do you eat it cold or can you warm it up in the microwave?
Most people eat it cold, but you can heat it up!
Is there a way to prep this dairy free? Can I substitute yogurt for dairy free yogurt or just add more almond milk?!
So I made the recipe just how it says to. But I’m a little confused about the nutrition facts, it says serving size 1/2 so half of the recipe is 315 calories???
These blueberry Oats are wonderful!! I am also confused about the nutrition part. I am a diabetic, and have to chart my numbers. Was is the serving size? Do I put half of the mix into 2 different containers, and each would be a serving? I could eat the entire amount due to how good it is!
That is correct! This recipe serves two, so just separate it out in half!
I went to prep this just now, but aw crap! I’m out of yogurt! Gah!! Any substitution recommendations? If so, what and how much of it?
And thank you! Love yo style!
This is a great recipe and we have included it in a roundup of delicious ways to eat blueberries for breakfast with a link back to your post! Thank you for sharing it. We hope you get more views from our share.
Do you use instant oats/minute oats?
I used rolled oats, but instant oats work too!
This recipe is seriously delicious. The lemon really makes the whole thing. It’s refreshing, filling, healthy. Definitely a keeper.
Ahhhh! This looks amazinggggg! I just happen to have all the ingredients – so it must be a sign, right??! Soo looking forward to breakfast 🙂
I have a nut allergy. Any suggestions on what would you use in place of the almond milk?
You could use soy or cow’s milk!
Just made these last night, so good!
YES!!!! One of my all time favs.