Welcome to January 2023’s edition of Fit Foodie Cooking Club — our amazing banana bread muffins! You’ll absolutely love these fluffy muffins.
What is Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge to get you in the kitchen cooking from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to all make the same recipe each month to celebrate real food.
Join the Club!
Fit Foodie Cooking Club
Be the first to know about the recipe of the month + get other Fit Foodie Cooking Club announcements right to your inbox!
January 2023 – The Details
Read the below details VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month: Banana Bread Muffins
Banana bread in muffin form! What’s not to love?! These banana bread muffins are everything you love about banana bread (moist, fluffy texture, and perfectly sweet flavor!), but made into delicious muffins.
Why you’ll love ’em!
Super Fluffy: these delicious fluffy muffins are truly moist banana bread in muffin form!
Kid-Friendly: The kids are going to absolutely gobble these muffins up! They make for a great healthy breakfast idea or even mid-day snack.
Freezer-Friendly: One of the best things about these muffins is that they freeze well. So, if you need to stock up on snacks or breakfasts, these need to be your go-to!
All About Banana Bread Muffins
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All-purpose flour: Feel free to use white whole wheat flour if you want to, that should work. We have not tested this recipe with gluten-free flour.
- Baking soda: Don’t skip the baking soda.
- Kosher salt: Salt helps balance out the sweetness of these banana bread muffins.
- Light brown sugar: the brown sugar in the recipe gives these banana bread muffins a delicious and classic banana bread sweetness. Feel free to substitute it with coconut sugar.
- Unsalted butter: Make sure your butter is room temperature, so it can easily cream together.
- Vanilla extract: A touch of vanilla is all you need for these muffins.
- Mashed ripe bananas: You can really use any banana for these banana bread muffins, but very ripe bananas have the best flavor!
- Eggs: We recommend using large eggs, no other size!
- Maple syrup: The flavor that maple syrup gives to this recipe is amazing!
- Greek yogurt: Why Greek? It works with the baking soda to leave you with fluffy and moist banana bread muffins!
- Unsweetened almond milk: This batter can be a bit thick and the almond milks helps to thin it out a bit.
a few tips
Measure the mashed banana: Be sure to mash the bananas AND THEN measure them before adding them to the muffin batter. The size of banana you use will determine how much mashed banana you end up with.
Make them your own: These are classic banana bread muffins, but feel free to add chocolate chips, chopped nuts or berries to flavor to your liking.
Substitute bananas for applesauce when you’re in a pinch: Yes, people ask this question even when making banana bread muffins! Applesauce will work instead. Use 1 cup of applesauce in place of the 3 mashed bananas.
How to Enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Go to the Banana Bread Muffins blog post.
- Make the recipe and snap a photo of it.
- Leave a comment on the Banana Bread Muffins blog post with a photo of your creation letting people know how it went. We’d love a star rating, but it’s not required. Make sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because this is how we’ll contact the winners!
join the fit foodie cooking club on facebook!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Sunday, January 1, 2023 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023 – the last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 – the winners will be randomly selected and announced in this blog post and on social media.
2 participants will each win a $100 lululemon gift card. The selection will be random and based on comments that are received between January 1 and January 24, 2023.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (January 25, 2023) via social media and blog post.
Charity of the Month
Each month we select a different charity to support. This month we’re supporting UNICEF, who provides humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
UNICEF believes that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path.
We’ll be doubling the match from our giveaway winners to donate $400 to UNICEF.
Read more about UNICEF’s mission HERE.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate to UNICEF HERE.
Love the Banana Bread Muffins! 🙂 Pinned to my Pinterest board & going to bake them this weekend! 🙂
The warm and cozy flavor of cinnamon pairs perfectly with the bananas in this recipe.
You have a remarkable talent for coming up with fresh ideas. I like the way you think and the way you put your ideas through in this essay. Your writing has really surprised me. I like how you enhanced the splendor of my experience.
Wow! terrific post. This is fascinating. I’m pleased. I’ve been drop right here, such a really good blog site you have.