Healthy Egg Salad that packs a short list of whole ingredients and the delicious egg salad flavors you love. This healthy egg salad recipe is easy to whip up for lunches on the go, or meal prepped to enjoy all week long.
Growing up in the midwest, my family ate our fair share of egg salad sandwiches. You know, the kind that’s loaded with mayo and slapped on squishy white bread. We all feel a bit of nostalgia for those sammies on Team Fit Foodie, but wanted to set out to create a healthy egg salad recipe that had an ingredient you could feel good about (and pronounce everything on it!), but didn’t compromise at all on flavor. And oh, mammie we were not disappointed (and you won’t be either!). Presenting: the best healthy egg salad recipe you’ve ever had.
How to Make Egg Salad
Step 1: Prepare your hard-boiled eggs by following our easy hard boiled eggs in the oven post. This recipe calls for 8 hard boiled eggs, but we love making a full dozen eggs, so you can have 4 hard boiled eggs on hand to enjoy for breakfasts on the go, or dice and top other meals with throughout the week.
Step 2: Next, peel and chop your hard boiled eggs into small, bite-sized pieces and place them into a large bowl.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients (plain Greek yogurt, mayo, sriracha, dijon mustard and paprika) to the eggs and mix until combined. Let’s chat about the mayo in this for a sec: feel free to use your mayo of choice. We used a vegan mayo for this recipe, but truly, any mayo will work. Use a wooden spoon or fork to mash some of the eggs for the perfect egg salad consistency.
Step 4: Enjoy! Or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days to enjoy later.
Healthy Egg Salad Pairings
This recipe is a star on its own just enjoyed with a fork, but it’s definitely great paired with the following:
- on crackers
- on tortilla chips
- in a wrap
- on a sandwich
- on a green salad (spinach, romaine, kale, arugula or your fave green)
Other Salad Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds
ALL salad recipes on Fit Foodie Finds.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- paprika, to taste
- Prepare hard-boiled eggs by following our “easy hard boiled eggs in the oven” post.
- Next, peel and chop hard boiled eggs into small, bite-sized pieces and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the eggs and mix until combined. Use a wooden spoon or fork to mash some of the eggs for the perfect egg salad consistency.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 210 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 191 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 14
Keywords: healthy egg salad