Tuna Salad with egg takes classic tuna salad up a notch by adding in hard-boiled eggs. This tuna salad recipe with egg whips up in no time and it’s healthy!
Tuna Salad + Egg = Love
Tuna and egg salad is a favorite around here for lunches. It’s high-protein, flavorful, and so easy to whip up.
Per serving, this healthy lunch is 14g protein, 2g carbs, and around 160 calories. A low-carb dream lunch, that’s what it is!
What is Tuna and Egg Salad?
It’s made with canned tuna, hard-boiled eggs, and the most delicious and tangy sauce to really bring it all together into one dish.
What You Need
In addition canned tuna and hard-boiled eggs, you need just a few more ingredients.
- hard-boiled eggs
- white albacore tuna
- red onion
- Greek yogurt
- dijon mustard
- smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
Are you ready to get u003cstrongu003ePERFECT hard boiled eggsu003c/strongu003e every single time? This hard boiled eggs recipe is foolproof and will get you the exact kind of yolk you want!
How to Make Tuna Egg Salad
Step 1: Hard Boil Eggs
First, follow our hard-boiled eggs tutorial to hard boil 8 large eggs. If you’ve just bought a dozen eggs specifically for this tuna egg salad, feel free to hard boil all 12 and keep 4 hard-boiled eggs on hand for breakfasts or snacks on the go throughout the week.
Step 2: Chill, Peel and Dice Eggs
Once the eggs are done, transfer them into an ice water bath for around 10 minutes. This makes them easier to peel. Peel all 8 eggs. Then, chop them into small, bite-sized pieces and place them into a large bowl.
Step 3: Drain Tuna
Drain and rinse a 5 oz. can of white albacore tuna and add that to the same bowl.
Step 4: Mince Red Onion and Chives
Mince 2 tablespoons of red onion and 2 tablespoons of chives and add those to the bowl and mix together.
Step 5: Prepare Tuna Egg Salad Sauce
Prepare the tuna egg salad sauce by mixing together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and sriracha in a small bowl. Then, add this sauce to the large bowl and mix everything together.
Step 6: Season to Taste
Finally, season with smoked paprika and salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 7: Enjoy!
Serve with veggies and or on a piece of toast. This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, but we’re betting it will be long gone before then 😀
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so versatile! Here are some ideas of how to serve this tuna and egg salad recipe.
On toast: toast a piece of whole grain bread and then add a little butter to one side. Top it with this tuna egg salad!
In a wrap: line a large tortilla with spinach or romaine lettuce and then top it with this salad. Wrap it up like a burrito and enjoy.
With crackers: eat this nummy salad as a snack with your favorite crackers and veggies.
Store tuna salad with egg in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Tuna Egg Salad
- First, hard boil 8 large eggs.
- Once the eggs are cooked, transfer them into an ice water bath for around 10 minutes. This makes them easier to peel. Peel all 8 eggs. Then, chop them into small, bite-sized pieces and place them into a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse a 5-oz. can of white albacore tuna and add that to the same bowl.
- Mince 2 tablespoons of red onion and 2 tablespoons of chives and add those to the bowl and mix.
- Prepare tuna egg salad sauce. In a small bowl or Pyrex, mix together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and sriracha. Then, add to the large bowl and mix everything together.
- Finally, season with smoked paprika and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with veggies and or on a piece of toast.