These Mint Chip Overnight Oats taste just like a Thin Mint cookie, but this bowl of goodness is actually a healthy breakfast idea!
Kid Friendly Breakfast Idea
Get the kids ready because this is about to be their favorite breakfast!
If you’ve followed Fit Foodie Finds over the years, you know we are absolutely obsessed with overnight oats. It’s hard to believe that it’s taken over 10 years for us to develop a mint chip overnight oats recipe, but we so happy we did!
What You Need
Like our other overnight oats recipes, this one calls for basic ingredients that you likely already have.
- rolled oats
- chia seeds
- cocoa powder
- almond butter (or cashew butter)
- almond milk
- maple syrup
- peppermint extract
rolled oats –> quick cooking oats
almond milk –> any kind of milk
maple syrup –> honey or agave nectar
The beauty of overnight oats is that they are super easy to make and don’t require a lot of time. Make it the night before and breakfast is ready in the AM!
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl or container.
- Mix to combine everything together.
- Cover the container and let sit for at least 2 hours, or overnight (for best results).
- In the morning, uncover and mix. Add more almond milk depending on how thin/thick you like it and enjoy!
consistency is key
Now, I like my overnight oats super thick and creamy. But, I know some people like their overnight oats a bit runnier.
Simply add more almond milk before serving and mix.
Can I double this overnight oats recipe?
This overnight oats recipe is an excellent one to double or triple, especially if you are serving a crowd!
Can I eat overnight oats warm?
While overnight oats are meant to be eaten cold, you can absolutely eat these oats warm. Simply microwave oats in the morning for 60-90 seconds. You may need to add a splash more of almond milk to thin things out.
Store overnight oats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Mint Chip Overnight Oats
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or more, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place all ingredients in a glass container and mix until combined.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Give your overnight oats a quick stir in the morning and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information does not include chocolate chips.