Say hello to a dessert we’re calling — Rice Cake Magic Bars! These bars came together combining our love for rice cakes, nut butter, and chocolate and we can’t wait for you to try them!
If you’re a rice cake lover, then these rice cake magic bars are going to blow your mind. They are similar to our Scotcheroo recipe but made with rice cakes instead of crispy rice cereal.
I was obsessed with rice cakes during my pregnancy, so this dessert is near and dear to my heart.
Why You’ll love these Rice Cake Magic Bars
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Made with wholesome ingredients
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
What You Need
- Rice cakes: feel free to use any kind of rice cake (regular or brown).
- Almond butter: we tested this recipe with creamy almond butter, but have also made these with peanut butter, too!
- Honey: honey is important because it’s sticky! If you want to swap it, feel free to try brown rice syrup.
- Magic shell: to make the hard shell topping you need chocolate chips and a little coconut oil.
While we kept things super basic, you can pretty much add anything under the sun into these bars!
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
Add some protein!
We’ve got a similar recipe on our site, our Protein Scotcheroos, so we are confident that adding a little protein powder would be delicious in these!
We’re huge fans of storing these in the freezer. They will last longer and, er, out of site out of mind (so you don’t eat the whole pan!).
- After you’ve sliced your bars, transfer them into a gallon-size plastic bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to 3 months.
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Rice Cake Magic Bars
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crumble 4 rice cakes into a large bowl with your hands. Make sure there are no big chunks and that they are all similar in size. Set aside.
- Heat the almond butter, honey, and sea salt in a saucepan over medium/low heat for 5-7 minutes or until melted together and glossy.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the rice cake crumbles and stir the ingredients until the rice cakes are covered.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and firmly press the mixture evenly down into the pan. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate on high for 20-second increments, stirring after every increment, until the mixture is melted and glossy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the almond butter rice cakes. Evenly spread the mixture out with a spatula. Sprinkle on coarse sea salt and transfer to the freezer for a least 15-20 minutes to set.
- Chop into squares and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- Any type of rice cake can be used for this recipe.
- You can substitute rice crispy cereal instead of using rice cakes. We recommend using 4 cups.