One up your chicken salad game with this yummy street corn chicken salad recipe made with shredded chicken and ingredients from street corn salad!
Festive Chicken Salad
Not only is this street corn chicken salad a fun, festive chicken salad recipe, but it’s so flavorful and great meal prep too!
We love making chicken salad at the beginning of the week for an easy grab-and-go lunch and this recipe is no exception.
Made with shredded chicken, tons of veggies, corn, and a street corn sauce, you are going to swap classic for street corn chicken salad year-round!
Why you’ll love it!
Excellent meal prep
Become a Pro at Cooking Chicken!
We’ll teach you everything you need to know on how to cook chicken perfectly every time + we’ll share our top chicken recipes when you subscribe to our emails today!
What You Need
- Shredded Chicken: shredded chicken is very accessible these days. Buy it from the grocery store or make your own shredded chicken.
- Veggies: veggies in this recipe include tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion.
- Corn: this recipe calls for frozen corn, but you’re more than welcome to use canned or fresh corn on teh cob.
- Street Corn Sauce: the street corn sauce in this recipe is delightful. You’ll need Greek yogurt, mayo, cotija cheese, lime juice and paprika.
We’re sharing our go-to chicken salad recipe + 4 different chicken salad recipes for you to try using shredded chicken, a Greek yogurt sauce, and different add-ins.
Chips: we loved eating this with tortilla chips kind of like a dip.
Tortilla: wrap it up in a tortilla for a street corn chicken salad wrap.
Toast: toast a piece of sourdough and top it with this chicken salad.
Store leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Street Corn Chicken Salad
- 2-4 tablespoons white vinegar*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado pitted and diced
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the white vinegar and ½ teaspoon of salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the thinly sliced jalapeno to the bowl and toss the ingredients together. Set aside to quick pickle the jalapeños.
- Next, in a large salad bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and red onion. Add the red wine vinegar and salt to the bowl and toss. Let the ingredients rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the corn. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the corn. Season the corn with salt.
- Sauté the corn without tossing it for 3-4 minutes to brown the corn. Toss again and repeat until the corn kernels are browned. It will take 10-15 minutes to brown. Remove from the heat when browned.
- Make the sauce for the salad. Add all of the ingredients for the sauce (except for the paprika) to a bowl and mix.
- Add the shredded chicken and cooked corn to the bowl with the tomatoes and other vegetables. Pour the sauce over the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with pickled jalapeños, avocados, and fresh cilantro, and dust with the paprika.
- Serve the chicken salad on its own, over greens, or with tortilla chips.
Tips & Notes
- How much vinegar you use depends on how large your jalapeño is. You can prepare chicken on your own or buy pre-shredded chicken or use a rotisserie chicken.
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.