Oatmeal never looked so good! Make this Healthy Superfood Oatmeal that’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and a hint of cinnamon, aka the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy!
One Pot Oatmeal
When it comes to stove-top oatmeal, you really can’t beat our Fluffy Banana Stovetop Oats. Perfectly creamy, thick & delicious, and healthy!
But today we’re back with another stove-top oats recipe to kick your morning off on the right foot! This superfood oatmeal bowl is made in (yes!) one pot, and will leave you feeling satisfied til lunch! Plus, we’ll recommend a few of our favorite toppings to complete this nutritious meal — scroll on down, friends!
Superfood Oatmeal Ingredients
- Rolled Oats: Oats are rich in antioxidants and fiber! Plus, they’ll help keep you full til your next snack or meal.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Any milk will do for this recipe, but we love unsweetened almond milk because it’s rich in vitamin D while still being low in sugar and calories.
- Ground Flaxseed: Get a boost of fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats from flaxseed!
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are filled with omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, iron and calcium — holy long list of nutrient-rich ingredients!
- Cinnamon: Also packed with antioxidants and adds a punch of delicious flavor!
Benefits of Oatmeal
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to all things oatmeal, check out this How to Make Oatmeal article that highlights everything from each type of oatmeal and how to cook it + the health benefits of this nutritious breakfast. We love oatmeal because:
- Calories: Oatmeal is a nutritionally dense whole grain, but lower in calories compared to many other grains. Per 1/2 cup of uncooked rolled oatmeal, there is only 150 calories compared to 1/2 cup uncooked white rice where there is 360 calories.
- Sugar: Oatmeal is low in sugar with just 1g sugar per serving.
- Protein: Per serving, rolled oats have 5g protein which is an excellent amount of protein to start your morning off!
- Fiber: One of oatmeal’s best attributes is its fiber content. Per serving you get 4g of fiber, which really helps keep your body regulated.
- 100% whole grain: One of the best parts about oatmeal is that it’s a 100% whole grain, which is a much better option than other refined grains.
- Delicious! But you already knew that 😀
More Oatmeal Recipes
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- Instant Oatmeal – 4 Ways
- Chocolate Protein Sea Salt Oatmeal
- Fluffy Banana Stovetop Oatmeal
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size pot. Turn heat to medium/high and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until oatmeal has thickened into a porridge.
- Top with your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 240 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 218 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 37 Fiber: 6 Protein: 7 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: superfood oatmeal bowl