Oatmeal never looked so good! Make this Healthy Superfood Oatmeal that’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and a hint of cinnamon, aka the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy!
One Pot Oatmeal
When it comes to stove-top oatmeal, you really can’t beat our Fluffy Banana Stovetop Oats. Perfectly creamy, thick & delicious, and healthy!
But today we’re back with another stove-top oats recipe to kick your morning off on the right foot! This superfood oatmeal bowl is made in (yes!) one pot, and will leave you feeling satisfied til lunch! Plus, we’ll recommend a few of our favorite toppings to complete this nutritious meal — scroll on down, friends!
Superfood Oatmeal Ingredients
- Rolled Oats: Oats are rich in antioxidants and fiber! Plus, they’ll help keep you full til your next snack or meal.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Any milk will do for this recipe, but we love unsweetened almond milk because it’s rich in vitamin D while still being low in sugar and calories.
- Ground Flaxseed: Get a boost of fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats from flaxseed!
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are filled with omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, iron and calcium — holy long list of nutrient-rich ingredients!
- Cinnamon: Also packed with antioxidants and adds a punch of delicious flavor!
Benefits of Oatmeal
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to all things oatmeal, check out this How to Make Oatmeal article that highlights everything from each type of oatmeal and how to cook it + the health benefits of this nutritious breakfast. We love oatmeal because:
- Calories: Oatmeal is a nutritionally dense whole grain, but lower in calories compared to many other grains. Per 1/2 cup of uncooked rolled oatmeal, there is only 150 calories compared to 1/2 cup uncooked white rice where there is 360 calories.
- Sugar: Oatmeal is low in sugar with just 1g sugar per serving.
- Protein: Per serving, rolled oats have 5g protein which is an excellent amount of protein to start your morning off!
- Fiber: One of oatmeal’s best attributes is its fiber content. Per serving you get 4g of fiber, which really helps keep your body regulated.
- 100% whole grain: One of the best parts about oatmeal is that it’s a 100% whole grain, which is a much better option than other refined grains.
- Delicious! But you already knew that 😀
More Oatmeal Recipes
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- Instant Oatmeal – 4 Ways
- Chocolate Protein Sea Salt Oatmeal
- Fluffy Banana Stovetop Oatmeal
Superfood Oatmeal Bowl
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size pot. Turn heat to medium/high and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until oatmeal has thickened into a porridge.
- Top with your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Everything is delicious and yummy. You have described them so nicely that really helped me.
This sounds delicious! Can you please post the nutritional information per serving? Thank you!
Oatmeal is always great. I added this powder to my diet more than 2 years. I will try your recipe
Love me some oatmeal 😀
I always like oatmeals. But I haven’t thought of preparing it as delicious as this.
I went through a huge oatmeal phase a few years ago during grad school. I had to teach a chem lab at 9 am, which meant leaving the house by 8, and in the freezing cold winter… Oatmeal was the only thing I looked forward to. I usually kept it simple because I barley had 5 minutes to make and eat it, but I would’ve LOVED a bowl of this instead! Pinned!
I think I’ve been on an oatmeal kick since 2008 and that’s the truth.
This looks soooo delicious! Ever since my celiac diagnosis, oats and my stomach have not gone along, but now I make a killer porridge with buckwheat and rice flakes and chia seeds. With a lot of the toppings you list – superfoods for the win! 🙂
Ahhh that sounds so fab! Oats don’t agree with you even if you use certified GF oats?
This looks so wholesome and filling! After indulging a bit too much over the holidays, my husband and I are starting a little detox/clean eating sesh next week, and I think this would be the perfect breakfast for it. Know of any stores that sell goji berries in the twin cities or is it best to get ’em online?
Doode! Target sells them now! You can find them in the produce section. OR you can get them at Whole Foods and/or any co-op!
Loving all the topping options! Totally inspired me for breakfast.
Now this is MY kind of morning oatmeal bowl!
Best breakfast ever!!
This looks delicious! I haven’t tried adding unsweetened coconut to my oatmeal. Great idea. Happy New Year!
IT’S SO GOOD!!!
Love this! The pistachios and goji berries are perrrrrrrrrrrfect!
It’s funny. I’ve been eating oatmeal – more often oat bran, actually – for a long looong time but never added flaxseed so far. Chia? Always on board. So much so that – sssh! – I travel with chia seeds. Why, yes. I know I can find oatmeal everywhere but chia has yet to become quite that popular over here. I figure that makes me another crazy oat lady?!
That is so legit. I travel with almond butter, but should totally add chia to the mix. I used to eat oat bran all the time but it’s so hard to finddddd! So I usually just stick with good ol’ oats!
I go through phases with oatmeal, but goji berries and almond butter are always at the top of my list for toppings! This looks delish…and I love the idea of making a big batch ahead of time for the whole week.
It’s dah bomb and so easy to reheat!! What are your other fav breakfast? Don’t tell me you’re a savory breakfast girl….
I am with you there. Crazy oat lady for sure! I love to sprinkle mine with coconut sugar. It reminds me of when I was little and I would sprinkle brown sugar over mine with a bit of butter. But way healthier! I will have to try adding flax to mine!
OMG. Whenever I go out to breakfast…b sugar is ALWAYS a topping and I ALWAYS add it…So freaking good.