I told you there would be a return of garbanzo bean flour! I can’t get enough of that stuff. It’s like quinoa- very versatile & can be eaten sweet or salty.
This time. I mixed 3 different flours, garbanzo bean, brown rice, and gluten free all purpose baking flour to create these little squares of heaven. I brought them on our boating excursion this weekend and they were gobbled.
My friends give me so much shit for baking gluten free….but I don’t care, because honestly, I can’t really tell a difference between the two. Gluten free baked goods just have a slightly different texture.
A lot of people don’t realize that most food they eat are naturally gluten free. Like…
- corn tortilla chips and salsa
- chicken, steak and any kind of meat
- all fruits and veggies
- peanut butter
The list goes on!
- -2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- -2/3 cup brown rice flour
- -2/3 cup gluten free all-purpose baking mix (I use the Trader Joe's brand)
- -1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- -1 teaspoon baking powder
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- -2/3 cup almond milk
- -2 eggs
- -1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then, add in wet ingredients and mix. You batter should be thicker.
- 3. Spread batter evenly in your square pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
Pretty much not possible to just have one.
But that’s just me