This BLT Chicken Salad offers a fun twist on the traditional chicken salad! Get that perfect BLT flavor with shredded chicken, Greek yogurt, bacon, tomato slices and kale. You can’t go wrong with this healthy lunch!
If you’re on the lookout for more healthy lunch ideas, check out these bento box ideas or these easy turkey roll ups.
Lunch on the Go!
Is there anything better than a healthy lunch you can easily meal prep and take on the go?! Well, only if it’s a healthy lunch that tastes like a BLT 😉 Which is why we’re here with this healthy and delicious BLT chicken salad recipe. Lunch is served!
BLT Chicken Salad Ingredients
This BLT chicken salad boasts 30g of protein per serving, and the following healthy and delicious ingredients:
- Shredded chicken breast
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Plan Greek yogurt
- Ranch seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
Chicken Salad Serving Suggestions
You can absolutely eat this BLT chicken salad right out of a bowl, but these pairings are also healthy and delicious if you’re looking to switch things up a bit:
- Mason Jars: add your favorite greens to the bottom of a mason jar and top it with a serving of one of chicken salad! Screw the top on an BOOM, you’re ready to go.
- Bento Boxes: Glass bento boxes are the latest craze and a genius way to pack these chicken salads for on the go. Add a serving of chicken salad along with more veggies, fruit, and your favorite crunchy for a balanced meal prep lunch.
- Wraps: Are you chicken salad wrap fan? Good news is, this BLT chicken salad is delicious wrapped inside of your favorite tortilla! Add some greens and any other add-ins your heart desires, a serving of chicken salad, and you’ve got yourself an epic wrap ready to eat! Pro tip: we find that classic white tortillas wrap the best and would avoid using corn tortillas.
- Chips: Tortilla chips are a great vehicle to deliver this chicken salad right into yo mouth 🙂 We’re big fans of Way Better Snacks, Garden of Eatin’ Red Hots and Donkey Chips.
Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
BLT Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken breast
- 6 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup chopped kale deboned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar-based hot sauce or more, to taste
- First, make your massaged kale. Place kale into a medium bowl and drizzle on a teaspoon of olive oil. Then, use your hands to massage the oil into the kale for 3-5 minutes or until the kale becomes wilted and broken down.
- Place shredded chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and massaged kale into a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Create the sauce by mixing together plain Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Add sauce to the shredded chicken mixture and mix until combined.
So yummy!! It was simple and delicious. I made it into a wrap since I had extra tortillas for dinner. Wrapped them when it was time for lunch at work. Also used baby kale and added some extra too the wrap. Keeping this recipe handy!
Great idea to make these into wraps, Lisa!