Got a sweet tooth and don’t know what to do about it? The answer is Chia Seed Pudding. It is an easy way to make yourself a healthy treat or snack! These 15 chia seed pudding recipes will inspire you to add more chia into your life.
From creamy blueberry chia seed pudding to chocolate chia seed pudding to a few of our fave chia pudding recipes from our friends, you’ll find everything you need to know about making, storing and enjoying chia seed pudding here! Read on, friends!
Chia Pudding, The Ultimate Dessert
Do you ever just crave an old fashioned SNACK PACK? I was always a chocolate pudding girl growing up. Open dat pudding, lick dat lid, and demolish dat pudding in under a minute at the school lunch table. As much as I’d love to eat a snack pack a day, I don’t think my stomach would like that very much. This is why we’re oober excited that someone invented CHIA SEED PUDDING. It’s such a magical dessert —> seeds one minute and pudding the next.
It’s got the consistency of pudding and you can literally take the chia seed pudding base (your milk of choice + chia seeds) and add WHATEVER flavoring you want to truly make it your own. It’s like a blank canvas for an artist. Pure genius. Plus, you can eat chia seed pudding for pretty much any occasion:
- Snack? Chia seed pudding.
- Dessert? Chia seed pudding.
- Serving a crowd for dessert? Chia seed pudding.
- Got a bar mitzvah? Bring chia seed pudding.
See what I mean?
How to Choose Chia Seeds
This is such a crucial step in the chia seed pudding making process! You’ll want to make sure that your chia seeds are FRESH! And by fresh, we mean buy a new bag of chia seeds from your grocery store, and make sure you’re either storing them in a cool dark place or in your refrigerator. Fresh chia seeds are the best chia seeds because they’ll still have the ability to gelatinize when soaked in a liquid. Less fresh chia seeds will have a harder time becoming gelatinous, running the risk of your chia seed pudding being too watery and not pudding-like at all!
How to Make Chia Seed Pudding
You’re looking at a 3-step recipe right here, folks. Which means you’re only 3 steps away from a delicious chia seed pudding dessert. And did we mention that the 3 steps could not be easier?
Measure chia seeds, almond milk (or milk of your choice!), and vanilla extract, and place into a bowl with a lid.
Mix all 3 ingredients together, seal the lid, and place into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. You’ll know your pudding is ready to eat when the consistency is pudding-like, and each of the chia seeds have a gelatinous coating around them. If after 15-20 minutes your chia seeds are still hard, and the consistency is still watery, place back into the fridge for an additional 10 minutes.
Give your chia seed pudding a nice little stir, and serve in a small bowl. Top with your favorite toppings (we used sliced bananas, dried coconut and mini chocolate chips, but feel free to get creative!), and ENJOY!
Now that we’ve shared our go-to simple chia seed pudding recipe, let’s introduce you to some of our other absolute favorite chia seed puddings from Fit Foodie Finds, and the best of the best across the Internet. Keep on a scrollin’ down!
Basic Chia Seed Pudding
- Place chia seeds, almond milk, and vanilla extract into a glass meal prep container or medium bowl with a lid.
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon, seal the lid, and place into the refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes. You'll know it is ready when the consistency is pudding-like, and each of the chia seeds has a gelatinous coating around them.*
- Once gelatinous, stir chia seed pudding and serve. Top with your favorite toppings such as sliced banana, dried coconut, and mini chocolate chips.
Tips & Notes
- *If after 15-20 minutes the chia seeds are still hard, and the consistency is still watery, place back into the fridge for an additional 10 minutes.
- Storage: chia seed pudding will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
15 More Chia Pudding Recipes
- Creamy Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding by Fit Foodie Finds
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding by Fit Foodie Finds
- Mint Chia Pudding by Food Faith Fitness
- Blueberry Almond Chia Seed Pudding by Delightful E Made
- Lemon Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding by The Healthy Maven
- Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding by Minimalist Baker
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding by Tasty Yummies
- Pomegranate Vanilla Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding by Dish by Dish
- Ginger Citrus Chia Cups with Pistachios and Goji Berries by The Full Helping
- Chocolate Chia Seed Superfood Pudding by Tasty Yummies
- Vanilla Chai Chia Seed Pudding by Blissful Basil
- Grapefruit & Ginger Chia Seed Pudding by Real Food Whole Life
- Blueberry, Vanilla, and Mango Chia Seed Pudding by The Art of Living
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Pudding by Lexis Clean Kitchen
- Banana Coconut Chia Seed Pudding Parfait by Hummusapien