Have you been looking for a chia seed pudding recipe that will knock your socks off? This creamy blueberry chia seed pudding is an amazing healthy dessert that the whole family will love!
Chia Seed Pudding- The Healthiest Dessert!
Chia seeds are all the rage right now. Why? Because they are small seeds that pack a nutritious punch. Not only are chia seeds great on top of a smoothie and as tasty gelatinous morsels in a pudding, but they are so good for you! They’re are so many benefits to eating chia seeds including:
- They are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids
- Packed with fiber
- Are another good source of calcium
- If you are looking for an egg alternative for baking, chia seed eggs. Detoxinista has a great tutorial on chia eggs!
Chia Seed Pudding Q & A
Now that we know chia seeds are a great source for vitamins and minerals, let’s go over some commonly asked quests regarding chia seeds!
- Is Chia Seed Pudding good for you? Yes! There are many health benefits to a chia seed as well as the fruit, toppings, and other ingredients incorporated in certain chia seed pudding recipes. If you are looking to add more protein to your chia seed pudding, try adding greek yogurt. If you are hoping for more fiber, add flax seeds. The nutrition of your chia seed pudding varies by what you add to it as well. See healthy benefits of chia seeds above!
- What does chia seed pudding taste like? Chia seed pudding is has a jelly-like texture similar to bubble tea. The longer you leave chia seed sitting in the refrigerator the creamier it will get!
- How long can you keep chia seed pudding in the fridge? You can keep chia seed pudding in the refrigerator for up to five days. It all depends on the fruit that is mixed in as well as the container you store it in. Keep it in an airtight container for more longevity.
How to Make Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seed pudding looks like it is a time intensive dessert that is hard to perfect. Though it is delicious, it is SUPER easy to make! In just a few short steps you can have chia seed pudding waiting in the refrigerator. Below are a few basic steps to chia seed pudding heaven!
What’s Your Flavor?
This blueberry chia seed pudding is flavored with mashed blueberries, lemon juice, and honey. However, you can make any chia seed pudding your own my choosing how you would like to flavor your chia seed pudding. All you have to do is decide on fruit and a sweetener! Check out some options below!
All Natural Sweeteners
- Coconut Sugar
Choose a Liquid
In order for chia seeds to expand, they need a liquid. Typically, we use almond milk because we like to keep our chia seed pudding dairy free and because we love the flavor of almond milk. Feel free to use whatever liquid or milk that you would like! Feel free to use dairy milk, coconut milk, water, oat milk, etc.!
Let it Sit
The magic begins once you mix the chia seeds with the liquid. The longer you leave the chia seeds in the liquid the creamier and pudding-like your chia seed pudding will be. We typically leave our chia seed pudding in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
When the chia seed pudding is of your desired consistency, feel free to get crazy with how you serve this! Layer it with Greek yogurt, muesli, granola, fresh fruit, nut butter, seeds, nuts, ETC. The list goes on and on and on!
Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients
You don’t need much to create this delicious and healthy dessert. Below is a grocery list of exactly what you’ll need to mix up a batch of chia seed pudding!
Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes
- Chia Seed Pudding Recipes
- Chocolate Peppermint Chia Seed Pudding
- Chia Yogurt Power Bowl
- Chocolate Chia Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place blueberries in a medium-size bowl and use a fork to mash. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. Stir every few hours.
- Serve with fresh berries and lemon zest!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 272 Sugar: 26 Sodium: 118 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 12 Protein: 12
Keywords: chia seed pudding