Have your cookies and protein too with our favorite Chocolate Protein Cookies. These delicious chocolate peanut butter protein cookies are gluten free, grain free, and made with your favorite protein powder. Bonus! They are under 200 calories and you get 10g protein per cookie.
All I have to say is that I’ve made this protein cookie recipe multiple times and I can’t get enough! Nut butter-based protein cookies are the best thing that ever happened to me and today we’re teaching you how to make the most delicious Chocolate Protein Cookies made with just 5 ingredients. AND, they are just under 200 calories each with a whopping 10g protein per cookie. I think yes.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are actually a spin-off recipe of our Grain-Free Protein Peanut Butter Cookies, but we decided to use slightly less coconut sugar and add in that chocolatey goodness. Here’s what you need:
Chocolate Protein Cookies Ingredients
- All-Natural Peanut Butter: make sure that you use all-natural, drippy peanut butter. Our favorite brands include 365, Smuckers, and the Fresh Thyme brand. Can’t have peanut butter? No worries! These cookies will work with any drippy nut butter!
- Coconut Sugar: coconut sugar is a lower glycemic sweetener that is derived from the coconut! We don’t recommend swapping this for anything else.
- Cocoa Powder: make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder so that there is no added sugar!
- Eggs: If you’re looking to swap something other than eggs, I suggest finding a whole different recipe that is made sans eggs altogether! Check out some of our favorite vegan cookies HERE and HERE.
- Protein Powder: I’ve made this recipe with both a plant-based protein powder as well as a whey-based and we recommend going whey even though they both work. We just prefer the texture that the whey gives the cookies.
More on Protein Powder
I thought I’d take a second to chat all things protein powder. We’ve done an extensive protein powder review on Fit Foodie Finds and I don’t want you to miss it! Protein powder is such a great way to amp up your protein intake if you find yourself not able to eat enough on the daily. That’s why YOU NEED to make these protein powder cookies ASAP. For these cookies specifically, here are our whey protein powder recommendations:
Protein Cookies Storage
If you’re a single lady or don’t want to have these little bites of heaven sitting on your countertop, I highly recommend storing these in the freezer! That’s what I do, at least. Place your cooled chocolate protein cookies on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer for one hour. After they’ve hardened, transfer them to a freezer-safe gallon-size bag for later. These cookies should last up to 3 months, frozen!
More Protein Powder Recipes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Protein Waffles
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Peanut Butter Protein Cups
More Protein Cookies
Protein Cookies Video
- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder*
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- optional: 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix. The consistency should be similar to cookie dough. It should NOT be crumbly and if it is, this is a sign your peanut butter is not drippy enough and we recommend adding 1-2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Flatten cookie dough between your palms creating a cookie shape and place on baking sheet. Note that your cookies won’t expand a lot, so flattening is important.
- Optionally place mini chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan so that the protein cookies can set. If you remove them too soon, they may break in half.
Tips & Notes
- Peanut butter: make sure that you use a drippy, all-natural peanut butter such as Smuckers, 365 or Kirkland.
- Protein Powder: for this recipe, we recommend whey protein. Our favorites include Tera’s Whey and Organic Valley.
- Nutrition information is without chocolate chips.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cookie Calories: 199 Sugar: 11 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Keywords: Protein cookies, protein cookie recipe